Cafe Ga Hyang - Late Night Korean

2015 list of restaurants that have captured our love and admiration
azhotdish
Site Admin

3 years ago

At this point we may be taking Sun and Nick's food for granted and not posting enough about it, but that does not make it any less worthy than the day it was first discovered. There is so much to like about Ga Hyang, it's pointless to try to even try to name all the reasons. And it's so typical Arizona - a gem of a restaurant hidden in a run-down strip mall that consistently turns out great food.

I wish they were closer to me, but I love this place. Just thinking about the meals I've had there makes me happy.

Main thread
---
Joel
@azhotdish
M_L

3 years ago

Order a soup for 2 that feeds 10, that is a winner.
This place is consistent at exceeding my expectations.
A wonderful all around place to eat. With great people and one of the easiest parking situations in town. Unless one of the bars around is having a rager. And even then it is still pretty easy to find parking.
AZLobo

3 years ago

This place is one of my favorite places in town. I love it so much that I've even gone there when I was playing single-dad.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431994913.739024.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431994913.739024.jpg (103.36 KiB) Viewed 2503 times
Can you see how much even my 10-month old loved it? Two votes – from the Lobo and his pup.
MAdoubleT

3 years ago

I have only been here once, I went with my inlaws, grand parents in laws and my wife, none of whom are quintessential Korean food eaters.

Cafe Ga Hyang took awesome care of us and guided us through their best of the best. My family still talks about our meal here and cannot wait to explore more of the menu.

Sun made the meal so easy and guided us through an amazing meal. Anyone who has been here loves this place, and anyone who has not needs to go. My 2015 New Years resolution was to do late night phx food nerds at cafe ga hyang!
Skillet Doux

3 years ago

If Ga Hyang drops off the list, my heart will drop into my shoes.

There are few places in town that I treasure like Ga Hyang. FNA, absolutely.
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com
ScottofStrand

3 years ago

How did I miss posting my support for Ga Hyang? I love this place. It's one of the places I brag to out-of-towners about. I've never had a good meal here, because they've all be way beyond good. So many +1!
BarbaraToombs

3 years ago

Wish I could get here more often. Yes to a renewal!
Lunchbox

3 years ago

Went to a Korean place a few weeks ago with ScottofStrand... Banchan wasn't bad but made me realize just how good Ga Hyang's is... +100
-- LBX

@zach_garcia

All photos taken before January 14th, 2013 were taken by a slightly broken Apple iPhone 4S.
All photos taken after January 15th, 2013 were taken by an Apple iPhone 5.
MyLifeOnVacatio

3 years ago

We finally went for dinner a couple of months back when we had a party to go to on the west side. Man, the banchan alone is a feast! Excellent stuff!
Skillet Doux

3 years ago

Cafe Ga Hyang has been named to the 2015 Food Nerd Approved list.
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com