In search for the best soft serve in Phoenix

The Valley of the Sun, and all that is tasty therein
jayj

In search for the best soft serve in Phoenix

Post by jayj »

I know you can get great soft serve from TOPO in Gilbert, but is there anywhere closer to the central Phoenix area where the soft serve just slaps?
exit2lef

Re: In search for the best soft serve in Phoenix

Post by exit2lef »

Still not in central Phoenix, but a bit closer in the Mesa Asian District is Snowtime in the H Mart food court. One of the specialties there is taiyaki, soft serve with fillings like red bean inside a fish-shaped cone.
IMG_0714.JPG
IMG_0714.JPG (357.36 KiB) Viewed 3186 times
Last edited by exit2lef on Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
exit2lef

Post by exit2lef »

And how I could I forget all the Dole Whip vendors at the state fair? I just enjoyed some with Tajin, chamoy, and a tamarind straw. Unfortunately, tonight’s the last night, but there’s always next year.
IMG_0625.jpeg
IMG_0625.jpeg (426.5 KiB) Viewed 3176 times
honartvandelay

Post by honartvandelay »

Not Phoenix but Shakes and Cones in Old Town Scottsdale is great and they are on Door Dash.
BillBuitenhuys

Post by BillBuitenhuys »

exit2lef wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:27 pm And how I could I forget all the Dole Whip vendors at the state fair? I just enjoyed some with Tajin, chamoy, and a tamarind straw.
IMG_0625.jpeg
We always take a small container of Tajin to Disney parks to dose the Dole Whip. So good!
jayj

Post by jayj »

exit2lef wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:27 pm And how I could I forget all the Dole Whip vendors at the state fair? I just enjoyed some with Tajin, chamoy, and a tamarind straw. Unfortunately, tonight’s the last night, but there’s always next year.

IMG_0625.jpeg
I'll have to remember this for next year. Now this looks like a reason for me to hit up the fair!
Skillet Doux
Site Admin

Post by Skillet Doux »

jayj wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:12 pm
exit2lef wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:27 pm And how I could I forget all the Dole Whip vendors at the state fair? I just enjoyed some with Tajin, chamoy, and a tamarind straw. Unfortunately, tonight’s the last night, but there’s always next year.

IMG_0625.jpeg
I'll have to remember this for next year. Now this looks like a reason for me to hit up the fair!
Pro Tip:

Full credit to JesterOfXanadu for the find, but whether or not they call it Dole Whip (they didn't a few years ago but might have started doing so), the pineapple froyo at Menchie's is absolutely 100% Dole Whip. Or at least it's completely indistinguishable from the same, which is good enough for me.

Sorrynotsorry.
-Dom
Nightbloom

Post by Nightbloom »

honartvandelay wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:23 pm Not Phoenix but Shakes and Cones in Old Town Scottsdale is great and they are on Door Dash.
I so want to love this place. I live around the corner and have gone at least a few times a year since they opened. It's fine. Just, fine :(. I like supporting local. I like their seasonal flavors. I like so much about theor menu. I just keep wondering why it isn't just a little bit colder. No matter the weather, it melts instantaneously and the texture is a little loose and could be creamier. I know nothing about making soft serve ice cream, so maybe the solution is much more complicated than temperature, but as is, their soft serve makes for a great shake, but turns into a soupy mess with all other applications.