Chou's Kitchen - Tempe, Tuesday 12.18.18 @ 11:30am

Share food-related events and organize meetups
Desert Gal

9 months ago

Chou's Kitchen got a lot of PFN love over the years, as evidenced by the five page thread here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54&hilit=chou%27s

I'm overdue for a visit. Who's in?

1. Desert Gal
2. Desert Gal + 1 (Cricket)
3. Jacq
4. Nightbloom
5. Madoublet (tentative)
6. Phxeater (tentative)
7. JK (tentative)
8. Skllet Doux (tentative)

Chou's Kitchen
1250 N Apache Blvd.
Tempe, AZ 85281
https://www.chouskitchen.com/
Last edited by Desert Gal 9 months ago, edited 7 times in total.
MAdoubleT

9 months ago

We going to Chandler or Tempe?
LaPan

9 months ago

MAdoubleT wrote:
9 months ago
I was thinking the same question. Post title says Tempe. Address in post is Chandler.
Desert Gal

9 months ago

MAdoubleT wrote:
9 months ago
Details, details! Tempe :-)
jacqaz

9 months ago

I have a secret menu item there I want to share with everyone and a couple of special seasonal blackboard items that I want to try and recommend.

Here is my wish list besides our usual soup dumplings, some are from their “special” and seasonal menu that is not printed on the regular menu.

Only the Tempe location is offering the special menu items, I think because they have a much higher number of customers and traffic from Asians to make sense to offer them. Bigger kitchen too compared to Chandler location.

Pickled hot pepper pork
泡椒小炒肉
This is my favorite dish here, not on any menu but they make it every time I ask. No official English translation yet there. This dish has pickled Tabasco hot peppers, thin pork slices, Chinese celery and ginger. I crave this dish all the time!

Garlic stir fry luffa
蒜蓉絲瓜
Delicate and quite delicious, one of my childhood favorites. They prepare this dish quite well.

Chinese style meat wrap
荷葉餅美級肉
new to me, I think, sorry, I have not figured out a solid translation yet, they called it pork and bun on the black board, but their Chinese writing and English don’t matching up quite well... I hope to order it and make a recommendation on a more accurate translation
I was born in Taiwan, where eating is the national sport!

- Jacq
Desert Gal

9 months ago

jacqaz wrote:
9 months ago
I have a secret menu item there I want to share with everyone and a couple of special seasonal blackboard items that I want to try and recommend.
Yes, so much yes.
Desert Gal

9 months ago

Because it's slow at the nursery I have too much time on my hands and this is the result. A list of all of the dishes mentioned in the original Chou's thread that interested me. This means no offal, lol. By no means comprehensive, it just helps at ordering time and for remembering what I liked afterwards.
IMG_20181214_063144.jpg
IMG_20181214_063144.jpg (121.78 KiB) Viewed 530 times
PHXeater

9 months ago

Mark me as tentative - I have a meeting that should wrap at 11:30, if it does I'll let everyone order without me and just be 10 minutes late. If it doesn't will have to be out. Will update an attendee via text as time comes!
NightBloom

9 months ago

In!
CRISTEN :)
IG: oldtownfoodfanatic