Tapatalk Popup Issue

Bug reports, technical questions and how-tos
Skillet Doux
Site Admin

It came to my attention today that when using certain mobile browsers, there has been an issue recently where a Tapatalk popup would show on every pageview. At most, this should happen once when you first navigate to the site. I believe it's now been corrected, but if anybody experiences issues with Tapatalk popups when browsing on mobile devices, please let me know.

Thanks!
Dominic Armato
BarbaraToombs

I've been using Tapatalk for ages and never had that issue...hmmm
Skillet Doux
Site Admin

The issue isn't with Tapatalk itself... it's a pop-up that would show when you're using a regular web browser from a mobile device, telling you that the forum is Tapatalk enabled.
Dominic Armato
Lunchbox

Skillet Doux wrote:The issue isn't with Tapatalk itself... it's a pop-up that would show when you're using a regular web browser from a mobile device, telling you that the forum is Tapatalk enabled.
It used to do that for me... I finally gave in and bought the damn app because it was so annoying... :)
-- LBX

Instagram: @zachary.garcia

Twitter: @zach_garcia
Skillet Doux
Site Admin

Lunchbox wrote:
Skillet Doux wrote:The issue isn't with Tapatalk itself... it's a pop-up that would show when you're using a regular web browser from a mobile device, telling you that the forum is Tapatalk enabled.
It used to do that for me... I finally gave in and bought the damn app because it was so annoying... :)
If you'd said something it would've been fixed sooner, you know :-)

(But the Tapatalk app is really handy.)
Dominic Armato
Lunchbox

Skillet Doux wrote: If you'd said something it would've been fixed sooner, you know :-)

(But the Tapatalk app is really handy.)
I do like the Tapatalk app... I just hate that it's $2.99 or whatever it was... I don't mind paying for apps but for what the Tapatalk app is it seems expensive... I promise you I'm not cheap (that couldn't be the furthest from the truth, I spend stupid money on stupid stuff, just ask Mrs. Lunchbox. :mrgreen: )

So had I known that you could have fixed it... :oops:
-- LBX

Instagram: @zachary.garcia

Twitter: @zach_garcia
M_L

I am cheap and that is why I dont buy it. ;)
themis

I get the popup every time I hit an email link from my iPhone to go look at a PM. I haven't done so in the last couple of days, so if that's been fixed, I'll have to wait until I check a PM from my phone again. I ignore the popup and go 'round with Safari to read the message, because I remember Barbara saying Tapatalk couldn't display polls, and my absolute favorite thing on UBB forums is composing and posting funny little polls.

What can't be fixed, thanks Apple, is that I despise Safari and usually use the Chrome app to browse, but coded links open automatically in Safari. You can't delete Safari unless you jailbreak. It's the same thing with Apple Maps vs Google maps - you tap a contact and it'll open in the crappy Apple app rather than the functional app you would prefer to use. OT.
M_L

There are workarounds for that which can b done without jailbreaking. I will post when I find the link.