CFDM 'Road Tripping' Round 1: Pecan Nut Log Roll V KitKats

Food news, food media and other food-related topics

At the gas station candy bar rack, which do you pick?

Poll ended at 8 years ago

PEE-CAN NUT LOG ROWL, TREE FOR A DOLLA!
2%
2%
2%
Er, what?!?
4%
Er, what?!?
4%
Er, what?!?
4%
KitKats are awesome.
13%
KitKats are awesome.
13%
KitKats are awesome.
13%
Well, they've got nuts for protein and minerals; nougat; and chocolate. That's like most of the food groups right there.
No votes
Well, they've got nuts for protein and minerals; nougat; and chocolate. That's like most of the food groups right there.
No votes
No votes
KitKats are the perfect minimalist candy satisfaction. But let me tell you about the exotic flavored KitKats I have tried.
2%
KitKats are the perfect minimalist candy satisfaction. But let me tell you about the exotic flavored KitKats I have tried.
2%
2%
I don't know what that other thing is, so give me the candy make of air, wafer, and chocolate, I guess.
4%
I don't know what that other thing is, so give me the candy make of air, wafer, and chocolate, I guess.
4%
4%
You must have never been on a road trip south of the Mason-Dixon, like, ever, then.
2%
You must have never been on a road trip south of the Mason-Dixon, like, ever, then.
2%
2%
Neither option; my candy bar allegiance is unshakeable, it is ___________.
2%
2%
2%
I actually remember when candy bars were a quarter, Jeebus, how old am I now-!
6%
6%
6%

Total votes: 54
themis

This is a poll, you can't see it on Tapatalk. This bracket is all about things you can't help but pick up in gas stations when you've got a long day of driving, but might not normally eat. Those nostalgic junk food indulgences which help the miles roll by. Or maybe you buy this stuff every day on the way to work, who knows. No judging, right.
azhotdish

How about the Salted Nut Roll? Yes, that.

http://www.pearsonscandy.com/nutroll.aspx
---
Joel
@azhotdish
themis

It's essentially the same thing; but Stuckey's (ubiquitous gas station chain in the South) calls theirs the PEE-can Nut LAWG ROWL, and they are, of course, three for a dollar.
Dapuma

smores balance bar and muscle milk light please
Skillet Doux
Site Admin

Rilakkuma Hotcakes Kit Kat are the finest factory-produced confection known to mankind, and on that basis alone, Kit Kat wins.
Dominic Armato
Skillet Doux
Site Admin

Behold:

Crazy Kit Kat Flavors

Best part? Not comprehensive. I've had at least three that aren't pictured here. And I haven't had that many.
Dominic Armato
BarbaraToombs

Ah...Stuckeys and their famous Pecan Log Roll!!! I haven't had one in YEARS and would be really curious to have one again to see if my childhood memories of getting these on the many, many road trips my family took between Michigan and Florida hold up!
M_L

Dapuma wrote:smores balance bar and muscle milk light please
That is sawdust not delicious candy.

Most things with chocolate do not fly with me but if I had to pick a candy bar and not just CANDY I would have to request that you not lay a finger on my Butterfinger.

Dapuma

Ok the red bean paste Kit Kat's have acquired my interest...how do I try one of those
azhotdish

BarbaraToombs wrote:Ah...Stuckeys and their famous Pecan Log Roll!!! I haven't had one in YEARS and would be really curious to have one again to see if my childhood memories of getting these on the many, many road trips my family took between Michigan and Florida hold up!
Oh.My.God. Stuckey's. Home of the most disgusting scrambled eggs I've ever put in my mouth somewhere around Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Truly a horrifying experience for me as a child.
---
Joel
@azhotdish
BarbaraToombs

azhotdish wrote:Oh.My.God. Stuckey's. Home of the most disgusting scrambled eggs I've ever put in my mouth somewhere around Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Truly a horrifying experience for me as a child.
LOL...luckily I think the only thing I ever had at a Stuckey's was the Pecan Log Roll!!!