CFDM 'Pantry Shame' Round 1: Ramen V Velveeta

Food news, food media and other food-related topics

I wish I could quit you more: packaged Ramen or Velveeta?

Poll ended at 8 years ago

Ramen, and I even have preferred brands or flavors which I will relate below.
6%
6%
6%
Velveeta. I am sorry, but sometimes you need plastic melty cheese.
8%
8%
8%
EWWWWWW VELVEETA?!? That isn't even food. You are causing me real physical pain. Also, we are no longer friends.
3%
EWWWWWW VELVEETA?!? That isn't even food. You are causing me real physical pain. Also, we are no longer friends.
3%
3%
I thought there was no judging-! themis said no judging of others, this is a safe place.
6%
I thought there was no judging-! themis said no judging of others, this is a safe place.
6%
6%
I am actually proud of my Velveeta leanings, you couldn't shame me if you tried.
5%
I am actually proud of my Velveeta leanings, you couldn't shame me if you tried.
5%
5%
Ramen is actually great backpacking food. Mix in some peanut butter and salsa, and you can trek all day.
2%
Ramen is actually great backpacking food. Mix in some peanut butter and salsa, and you can trek all day.
2%
2%
That sounds revolting-! I may have to try that immediately.
No votes
No votes
No votes
I make ramen my own special way which I will relate to you below.
No votes
No votes
No votes
Yup, add spam, scallions, and sriracha, and you are good to go. Except for the sodium coma later.
5%
Yup, add spam, scallions, and sriracha, and you are good to go. Except for the sodium coma later.
5%
5%

Total votes: 66
themis

This is a poll, you can't see it on Tapatalk. This bracket is all about things you know you shouldn't have in there but sometimes you've just got to resort to. The things you push to a back corner when you've got company coming over. The things you maybe ought to hand in your FoodNerd card for even owning, but they find their way into your grocery cart anyway.
PHXeater

Velveeta! And no, I'm not ashamed, I won't buy that organic Annie's stuff either. Go big or go home. I also haven't bought any in a good 6 months. Guess I know what I'm doing with my afternoon now.
M_L

As I once subsisted on the Ramen I have no choice but to pick it.
Though I do enjoy that melty spicy cheese dip they make with velveeta.
ScottofStrand

I'd be all about the Ramen, but I think they discontinued the Tomato flavor that edged out Velveeta.
BarbaraToombs

The funny thing is, while I do have some ramen packets in my pantry, I have never tried them! (Stepdaughter loved them in high school and son will throw one in his backpack for Scout camping trips.)

But Velveeta!!! I don't have any in my pantry, and haven't since I have even had a pantry of my own...but oh my, how that takes me right back to my childhood, when my mom would melt it over broccoli (hey, it got kids to eat the stuff!), and I was known to just slice a big chunk and devour. Haven't had it in YEARS ... but would be interesting to try it again...just for research sake, of course! ;)
azhotdish

Sadly, this was a common occurrence when I was a kid.
Recipe: Corned Beef Hotdish

Just say no to Velveeta.
---
Joel
@azhotdish
BarbaraToombs

azhotdish wrote:Sadly, this was a common occurrence when I was a kid.
Recipe: Corned Beef Hotdish
Ugh. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit, reading that "recipe."
azhotdish

The recipe was missing the crushed potato chips on top, which is needed textural element. But it's disgusting food that no one should eat.
---
Joel
@azhotdish