CFDM 'Lazy Git Dinner' Round 1: Microwave Popcorn V Burrito

Food news, food media and other food-related topics

I Just Can't With Cooking Tonight. Do I default to Microwave Popcorn or to a Burrito?

Poll ended at 8 years ago

Microwave popcorn, salty crunchy goodness
6%
6%
6%
ah, the perfect versatility of the not-so-humble burrito
6%
6%
6%
I was traumatized by the daily burned popcorn smell at this one office, so I just can't deal with that odor AT ALL.
5%
I was traumatized by the daily burned popcorn smell at this one office, so I just can't deal with that odor AT ALL.
5%
5%
I know the bag residue is made of chemical death, but I can't help it, I still lick my fingers.
3%
I know the bag residue is made of chemical death, but I can't help it, I still lick my fingers.
3%
3%
Let me just take half a minute to educate you as to why, even informally made at home, you should be referring to these as burros. For Pete's sake.
No votes
Let me just take half a minute to educate you as to why, even informally made at home, you should be referring to these as burros. For Pete's sake.
No votes
No votes
Sure, sure, I gotcha. Sigh.
3%
3%
3%
I only will buy one brand of tortilla and I will explain my preference below.
2%
2%
2%
You know how easy it is to air-pop your own corn without all the chemicals-? I will explain my fool-proof technique below.
2%
You know how easy it is to air-pop your own corn without all the chemicals-? I will explain my fool-proof technique below.
2%
2%
Corn ... Monsanto ... I don't know, you might as well gargle Agent Orange.
2%
2%
2%
Once again: Not your funniest poll, themis. Hope the other brackets are better.
5%
5%
5%

Total votes: 63
themis

It's the PFN version of March Madness. Trash talking, whining, and physical challenges encouraged. Make your voice heard or forever cringe in passivity. We have seven days to decide the first round. Recipes, people. Convince me your way is better.

PS: CFDM stands for Convenience Food Death Match. Brackets are: Lazy Git Dinner, Gas Station Delicacy, Guilty Pleasures, and Meatatarians.
azhotdish

Are either of these really legit food options?
---
Joel
@azhotdish
themis

Oh, thanks for asking. Yes - this bracket are all things that I have sometimes resorted to for dinner when I can't bring myself to cook and clean for just me. Perhaps in your household convenience food is defined differently, my food experiences vary from your average mainlander. For example, I have never in my life eaten an "Italian Beef," I don't know what one is, and it doesn't actually sound like something I would cross the street to buy for lunch; yet, there are eight or nine Italian Beef threads on this board and people discuss their potential exhaustively.

So inevitably, when I've chosen 32 food items, bracketed them out carefully and written 16 original semi-humorous 10-item polls, some happy wag will pop up and say, 'but where are the Bagel Bites?' or 'these are considered food items?' and to which I respond, next time, YOU write the funny polls and they will reflect your prejudices and experiences exactly, and then you can hear all the complaints about what you did wrong and left out. Which is why I am encouraging whining in the opening post - next year's March Madness will then be even better! Whine it up, people, show me the error of my ways.
MyLifeOnVacatio

I don't think I've ever eaten a microwave burrito when it wasn't 2am and eaten standing up a convenience store parking lot in Iowa, but I would still pick that over microwave popcorn. Unless maybe it was that newfangled microwave kettlecorn....nope, sticking with burrito. Bean & cheese, please.
M_L

I have no idea why I feel compelled to wipe all the chemical butterness from the sides of the bag and make certain it has run back onto the popcorn but I do.

As for Tortilla's I will generally only buy them from a place that makes them in house and that are in the packages that have clearly been bagged that day. Generally that means I have gone to Food City, El Super, or Ranch Market. I suppose since I work downtown I could swing by Carolina's and pick some up but theirs are so giant they do not fit my surprisingly awesome quesadilla maker. (Laugh all you want that thing kicks ass).
PHXeater

Burros vs. burritos? I probably need to be educated on the difference. But it's my choice no matter what the name. Frozen, from Filibertos, homemade, I do them all and am proud of it. I could even write a very lengthy list of the many types of burritos and brands that I eat, thats how unhealthy the habit is. In fact I currently am eating a breakfast burrito from Fiesta Burrito, and it's pretty awesome/disgusting.

Microwave popcorn always makes me feel pretty gross since I always eat the whole bag by myself - so I do like it but have had to switch to the healthy Trader Joe's bagged stuff so I can eat half a bag without making myself sick.

I understand me saying I like fast food burritos while saying popcorn makes me feel gross wont make sense to others...and it doesn't to me either, but it works for me. And reading what I just wrote about my eating habits makes me grossed out at myself. Sorry folks.
azhotdish

This thread sparked the inevitable "when is the last time you ate a frozen burrito?" conversation. So two of these came home...I'm really scared. Organic and gluten-free? Sick.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362341931.354077.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362341931.354077.jpg (59.29 KiB) Viewed 3003 times
---
Joel
@azhotdish
Lunchbox

It's an "organic" frozen burrito... It MUST be good for you?!?!?!
-- LBX

Instagram: @zachary.garcia

Twitter: @zach_garcia
themis

PHXeater wrote: And reading what I just wrote about my eating habits makes me grossed out at myself. Sorry folks.
No judging-! This is a safe place. (Makes gesture of benediction with chopsticks. The preferred delivery method of microwave popcorn from bowl to lips.)
KFrankMN

~sob~ My lazy dinner didn't even make the polls. Cereal, eaten right out of the box, no utensils to clean. Or, if I'm feeling energetic, poured in a bowl and mixed with yogurt.
Dapuma

microwave popcorn is gross, only eat popcorn with fake butter at the movie theatres ! and microwave burritos are not much better

I would rather have a beer -- Janitor, Billy Madison
azhotdish

KFrankMN wrote:~sob~ My lazy dinner didn't even make the polls. Cereal, eaten right out of the box, no utensils to clean. Or, if I'm feeling energetic, poured in a bowl and mixed with yogurt.
I hear you on this. For us, it's Stonyfield Farms maple yogurt with AJ's granola.
---
Joel
@azhotdish
themis

This one's tied -! SOMEONE vote and break the tie tonight, or we're going to be at this for years.