CFDM 'Lazy Git Dinner' Round 1: Wings V Hot Pockets

Food news, food media and other food-related topics

I Just Can't With Cooking Tonight: Wings or Hot Pockets?

Poll ended at 8 years ago

Wings, no question. Different sauces, dippiness - it all works.
5%
5%
5%
I know they're evil, but - Hot Pockets.
4%
4%
4%
Wait, what-? Hot Pockets are supposedly gross-? Who. Knew.
2%
2%
2%
This is where Lunchbox links the video of Jim Gaffigan's monologue on Hot Pockets, right-?
6%
This is where Lunchbox links the video of Jim Gaffigan's monologue on Hot Pockets, right-?
6%
6%
I'm gonna describe my awesome wing technique below, prepare to have your socks rocked off.
No votes
I'm gonna describe my awesome wing technique below, prepare to have your socks rocked off.
No votes
No votes
Hey - some Hot Pocket varieties aren't as bad, and I will explain which are decent below.
1%
Hey - some Hot Pocket varieties aren't as bad, and I will explain which are decent below.
1%
1%
Dude - like many things I used to eat in college, I used to see the appeal, but now, I try to stick to real food.
4%
Dude - like many things I used to eat in college, I used to see the appeal, but now, I try to stick to real food.
4%
4%
Well, I don't ever say no to bone-in meat, so: wings.
4%
4%
4%
That's what she said -! Bwaaa!
2%
2%
2%
Oh my god, you really have thirteen more of these polls ready to roll out-? Woman, you need another hobby.
5%
Oh my god, you really have thirteen more of these polls ready to roll out-? Woman, you need another hobby.
5%
5%

Total votes: 81
themis

My ruling: no. Because there are already pizza-flavored Hot Pockets. I see I can add Tiny Food Death Match and Breakfast Cereal Death Match to the list of future junk food throw-downs. I will brace myself for the onslaught of 'but you forgot the most important cereal of all, waaaaaaaa-!'

People, I do not live inside your heads-! And you definitely don't want to live in mine. It is a scary place, full of unrealized violent Japanese game show concepts. :twisted:
BarbaraToombs

themis wrote:People, I do not live inside your heads-! And you definitely don't want to live in mine. It is a scary place, full of unrealized violent Japanese game show concepts. :twisted:
You know, when I first met you, I thought you were shy, chic and refined. Now I discover there's this totally twisted side to you that I absolutely love! Please don't ever change. :D
Pato

Wings.
I grew up on wings in Buffalo. We never called them "Buffalo Wings", just wings. One of my early jobs (first job Dishwasher / Italian restaurant) was cleaning and cooking wings for a local pizza place. I say cleaning because that is KEY. The reason wings get downgraded is because there is an extremely small percentage of restaurants willing to do them correctly, and by correctly I mean FRESH wings. Very few work with fresh wings outside of Buffalo. Cleaning fresh wings is a bad job. It is gross. They come fresh in buckets of blood. The restaurant that I worked for held food safety high (thank God). My job was to prep fresh wings as they came in and fry them to order. I later moved on to the pizza ovens and finally to the holy grail of delivery but I will keep it to the wings. They need to be rinsed of the blood several times, and then chilled at a secret temp. The rinsing is a bad job. Needs to be done by someone who cares. Most people in Buffalo that really like wings order them "well done" or "crispy". Basically the wings are fried a little too long to really get a crunch. The best way is to pull them when they are done, let them sit, and then finish fry for a minute or two. Sauce should be a cayenne pepper/vinegar/butter mix. They should be tossed immediately out of the fryer in a metal bowl with the sauce and plated. Carrots/ Celery / Blue Cheese. Most of the people that I know prefer the doubles to the drumsticks. Most places will comply with an order of a double order(20), well done, all double bone. Some might charge you a bit more. Suckers, or one of the 10 yearly tourists to Buffalo ask for all drumsticks with BBQ hot sauce.