Sous Vide Everything

Cooking at home and sourcing ingredients
LaPan

8 months ago

I don't know how many of you know about

1. Sous Vide

Personally, I keep my sous vide adventures to proteins of the mammal and avian kind. Would love to hear/read some of your experiences and recipes going forward.

2. This Youtube Channel

These guys try (as it says) everything sous vide. And that episode is one of the weirdest/funniest I've seen. If you like short(ish) cooking shows, I think you'll enjoy it.
PHXeater

8 months ago

There's already a pretty good sous vide thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1270. Maybe can merge this with that one? Overall though I use my sous vide mostly for meat at this point. People do all sorts of wacky stuff but I think at some point they're just using the sous vide to show off a cool cooking technique, not because it improves the finished product, or is easier.

I do need to do some more testing of a good Starbucks egg bite recipe. There are a few out there but the two I've tried have just been "meh".
M_L

7 months ago

@PHXEater are you using the ChefSteps recipe? I would recommend that one if you have not.
PHXeater

7 months ago

M_L wrote:
7 months ago
@PHXEater are you using the ChefSteps recipe? I would recommend that one if you have not.
I will give it a try, thanks!!
The Cosmic Jester

7 months ago

Starbucks uses roughly equal parts of egg and (full-fat) cottage cheese. Whiz that in the blender until smooth. Season (salt, pepper, herbs, spices, hot sauce, what have you) to taste; zap a little in the microwave to test seasoning levels. Put desired fillings into small mason jars, and fill almost full with the egg mixture. Put the lids on, and screw the bands on just to fingertip tight. Sous vide them at 172 degrees for one hour.
JackMcConnick

4 months ago

LaPan wrote:
8 months ago
I don't know how many of you know about

1. Sous Vide

Personally, I keep my sous vide adventures to proteins of the mammal and avian kind. Would love to hear/read some of your experiences and recipes going forward.

2. This Youtube Channel

These guys try (as it says) everything sous vide. And that episode is one of the weirdest/funniest I've seen. If you like short(ish) cooking shows, I think you'll enjoy it.
I has been always a big fan of sous vide cooking method. Just subscribed to the channel.
"The problem with quotes found on Internet is that they are often not true" - Debrorah