Uprooted Kitchen

Dedicated to mobile food on four wheels
BillBuitenhuys

4 years ago

So a few years ago we rolled in bright and early to the then sparsely populated Downtown Gilbert Farmers Market on a Saturday morning as we had heard that there would now be food trucks there. I'm all set for a greasy something or other with lots of pork products.

When we get there, all we see is one food truck, Uprooted Kitchen....a f*&#in vegetarian truck! My morning is ruined, I say!

But we were hungry and figured we might as well try it.
I ordered some type of grain bowl (oats with quinoa, I think), topped with fresh fruit, nuts, almond milk with a scone on the side. After the first bite I was hooked. I sat there in the shade, just humming as I plowed through the bowl. I was filled and totally satiated (and completely forgot that I was craving bacon).

Since then we've seen the market grow and grow and line in front of Uprooted to grow even longer. Their menu is constantly changing but always wonderful. Erin and Chad (and their kids) are always so happy to see everyone and as they say "share vegetarian loudly". Good people...superb food.

Well worth trying!

Uprooted Kitchen
Wednesday night at the Agritopia FM
Sat morning at the Gilbert FM
BarbaraToombs

4 years ago

Ha! Good to know, Bill -- because every time I've seen it there, I ALSO say "a f*&#in vegetarian truck!" LOL

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and give it a try! :D
putitonmytab

4 years ago

Omg! I'm addicted to the chia breakfast bowl!! If fact, I can't ever remember having anything I didn't like. Food trucks are usually in my budget. I need to start posting this stuff :D
-Mandy
putitonmytab

4 years ago

I've been hitting the Gilbert Market on Saturday and Uprooted is always there.

This is the quinoa bowl and scone. The fruit is seasonal and changes as does the scone flavor.

This is the cheese crisp. I usually avoid tofu because, tofu. I might have a change of heart because of this dish. It's got tons of texture! Grilled whole wheat tortilla, a hint of sweet from the maple tofu, pickled cabbage, roasted ginger cauliflower, and a carrot cashew sauce on the side. Funny, the cheese isn't really that memorable but I remember I had a choice between vegan or an organic mozzarella (I think). Image

If Chad and Erin cooked for me everyday, I could be a vegetarian.

(That's a lie. But the food is really good.)
-Mandy