Casa Filipina - Family Filipino, Food With Heart

2015 list of restaurants that have captured our love and admiration
Christina

5 years ago

I love Casa Filipina and Bakeshop, though don't get there (or post) as often as I should. It's exactly the type of restaurant I want to support. It's owned by husband and wife Tony and Tess Menendez and the perfect spot to explore the less-well-known cuisine of the Philippines. One side is a pastry shop, and the other a dining room. Some of my personal favorites are the lumpiang, chicken inasal, lechon kawali, and sizzling binagoongan, and the ube desserts, especially saipin-saipin.

Prior discussion here:

http://www.phxfoodnerds.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1314

I'll be back again this week with DesertGal for lunch if anyone wants to join.
Last edited by Christina 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Skillet Doux

5 years ago

Now, I know there are a lot of people who have visited and loved Casa Filipina who aren't speaking up here.

Is there a better Filipino joint in town? So much good, such a cozy little family joint.. this has FNA written all over it.

Great nomination. I'm totally behind Casa Filipina for FNA.
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com
Desert Gal

5 years ago

I know nothing about Filipino food, but I've eaten here twice and enjoyed it very much. I'm not big on a lot of funk flavor, but all the dishes I tried were tasty. I could just eat a few orders of their light, crispy, flavorful Lumpia and go away thrilled. The Pancit is mighty good too!
BarbaraToombs

5 years ago

This place was fantastic when I went there for a Food Nerd lunch! Need to get back. Yes!