Curry Corner - Indian

2014 list of restaurants that have captured our love and admiration
LaPan

5 years ago

In the hopes of expanding our list of nominees (seeing as there's no new Indian/Pakistani) I'd like to nominate my favorite this year.

For me, this little corner of a tiny strip mall cafe is a real find. Everything there is homemade and fresh. While the staff and kitchen can fall a bit behind, they're always cheery and the food is top notch to me. Like any restaurant, I've been there on a bad day, too. But that bad day meant they were overrun since being on DD&D and got behind and served some sauces before they'd reduced fully.

The place is super-solid and my go-to for a quick and reasonable meal (does value play into these?) in the Tempe area.

Here's the original thread:

Curry Corner in Tempe

Curry Corner
www.currycornertempe.com
1212 E Apache Blvd
Tempe, AZ 85281
Phone: (480) 894-1276
BarbaraToombs

5 years ago

That's a +1 for me--despite the Guy Fieri connection! :lol:

Have tried several Indo/Pak places around town, and this one really is one of my favorites so far. (See related post in the Curry Corner thread about our Food Nerd lunch here today.)
Mike Z

5 years ago

After haven eaten here today and tried how many different things?, all of them good to great, I wouldn't hesitate to agree with this nomination. I could happily go in there and say "Please send out whatever you want"
exit2lef

5 years ago

I enthusiastically support this one. Curry Corner has expanded over the past year without losing any quality. The restaurant is a welcome alternative to the standard Indian restaurant.
Skillet Doux

5 years ago

I really enjoy this place. There may be a dish here and there that I prefer at other places, but for delicious food across the board in a family-run joint operated by incredibly friendly people, Curry Corner is clearly one of the gems of the local Indo-Pak scene. I support this nomination!
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com
Desert Gal

5 years ago

I had no clue what the dishes were but I really enjoyed lunch there last week. Those chick peas were really good, as was everything else I tried. Can't wait to go back!
Skillet Doux

5 years ago

Curry Corner has been named to the 2014 Food Nerd Approved list.
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com