Andreoli Italian Grocer - Italian for Italians

2014 list of restaurants that have captured our love and admiration
Desert Gal

5 years ago

I just noticed that Andreoli Italian Grocer hadn't been nominated for renewal yet, and for me, this place should be in the top choices, at least for the Phoenix area restaurants I've tried. Every meal I've had there has been exceptional, and the place reminds of all the times as a kid that my Dad took me along to inspect every Italian grocery within a 50 mile radius of Detroit, looking for the perfect hot sausage with the correct amount of fennel, the imported provolone with the sweet butter in the center, the Mortadella with peppercorns or some other "must-have" Italian delicacy. I'm pretty sure Dad would have liked just about everything at Andreoi. I nominate Andreoli Italian Grocer for renewal.

Here is the original thread: Andreoli Italian Grocer

Andreoli Italian Grocer
http://www.andreoli-grocer.com/
8880 E. Via Linda
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
480-614-1980

And yes, I edited the Subject line so that the word Renewal is in brackets instead of parenthesis. I wouldn't want to deviate from protocol.
Last edited by Desert Gal 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
BarbaraToombs

5 years ago

Absolutely a no-brainer. This place is fantastic!
Skillet Doux

5 years ago

As the original nominator, my allegiance to Andreoli is well-documented, and not the slightest bit diminished since last year. It remains, IMO, not only one of the best restaurants in Phoenix, but one of the best Italian restaurants I've visited anywhere. What's more, it's completely unique, run by a true cast of characters, and in every other way an absolute gem that any city would be proud to call its own. Yes, yes, yes.
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com
chrislee

5 years ago

No brainer for me. Love, love Andreoli and have had fabulous meals there again this year.
Christina

5 years ago

Another fan of Andreoli. I just wish I could get here more often.
LaPan

5 years ago

Dude. That place is AWESOME.

+1
Skillet Doux

5 years ago

Desert Gal wrote:And yes, I edited the Subject line so that the word Renewal is in brackets instead of parenthesis. I wouldn't want to deviate from protocol.
If this is poking fun at me for editing all of the nomination thread titles.... um... guilty.

(Just getting a head start on preparing everything for the final publication in a couple of weeks :-) )
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
PHXeater

5 years ago

I heartily support Andreoli's. It deserves to have far more accolades than it does.
Dapuma

5 years ago

+1

Good food and pastries
Desert Gal

5 years ago

Skillet Doux wrote: If this is poking fun at me for editing all of the nomination thread titles.... um... guilty.
Actually, no. I noticed my post brackets were different than the others and changed it. I'm just that a... oh, never mind.
Skillet Doux

5 years ago

Andreoli Italian Grocer has been named to the 2014 Food Nerd Approved list.
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic