Chou's Kitchen - Regional Chinese (Dongbei)

2014 list of restaurants that have captured our love and admiration
Lunchbox

5 years ago

I don't know why I don't eat here more because it's truly a gem in the East Valley. Beef pies, XLB, the potato and eggplant dish, even the "Americanized" dishes are all fresh and excellent.

I'm not going to beat a dead horse here, they deserve to be nominated again this year for an FNA.

Original discussion thread:
Chou's Kitchen - Dongbei Cuisine in Chandler

2013 Nomination thread:
Chou's Kitchen - Regional Chinese (Dongbei)

Chou's Kitchen
910 North Alma School Road
Chandler, AZ 85224
480-821-2888
-- LBX

Instagram: @zachary.garcia

Twitter: @zach_garcia
BarbaraToombs

5 years ago

A resounding YES from me on this one. Even my picky husband likes it, and my son says he could eat here every day. Although Tong sadly is no longer in the kitchen (she says she just wanted to be at home with her family), Chou has kept things ticking along smoothly, and I absolutely LOVE the food here.
chrislee

5 years ago

I'm lucky enough to work nearby so I get here pretty often. And I still love it. I'm sad Tong is gone but the food imo is still wonderful!
MyLifeOnVacatio

5 years ago

Still love this place. The list of "must have" dishes keeps growing longer the more we try. Pork Neck Bones? Who knew that would be something to crave (it is!). Potato, Eggplant & Pepper is always a hit. Meat Pies and whatever other dumplings that appear on the menu or specials (on the window by where they prep the dumplings) will always satisfy. Delicious hot pots. Wholehearted YES for FNA.
LaPan

5 years ago

YES.

Of course.
Skillet Doux

5 years ago

No-doubter. One of the gems of this regional Chinese renaissance we're having here in Phoenix. Unquestionably worthy of renewal.

FNA yes!
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com
ScottofStrand

5 years ago

Just visited Chou's last night to confirm that this place still rocks. Really, any excuse to get back here works for me. +1 all day long.
Skillet Doux

5 years ago

Chou's Kitchen has been named to the 2014 Food Nerd Approved list.
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com