FnB - Killer Vegetables and Much More

2014 list of restaurants that have captured our love and admiration
BarbaraToombs

5 years ago

Well, I get teased an awful lot about the inordinate amount of time I seem to spend at FnB, but I don't care, because it's with good reason. This is, without a doubt, the single place I can go for lunch, by myself, sit at the little bar, and without even knowing what might be on the menu that day, know with certainty that I will (a) feel welcome, (b) have a fantastic meal, and (c) probably try something I've never tried before, and love it.

The crew at FnB is like a little family, and they have a knack at making you feel a part of that family the minute you walk in the door. It goes without saying that Charleen Badman is one hell of a talented woman in the kitchen--yes, particularly with vegetables, but she never ceases to amaze me with the combinations of things she effortlessly puts together that just burst with flavors I never thought possible. Pavle and Charleen are true champions of everything local (much of which is for sale in their little Bodega) and are really involved in the community, which makes me like this place even more.

So, for consistent quality of food, uniqueness, and sense of community, I would love to put FnB up for a FNA renewal for 2014.

Here's the main thread.

2013 nomination thread:
FnB - Local Vegetables and Much More

FnB Restaurant
7125 East 5th Avenue, Ste 31.
Scottsdale
480-284-4777
http://www.fnbrestaurant.com
M_L

5 years ago

I did not get there much last year sadly. But the times I did make it it was as good as it ever was. I am hoping to make an effort to get back there more this year. I measure every pudding I eat up against theirs.
AZLobo

5 years ago

This is consistently the place I tell people they "need" to go if they haven't yet. I wholeheartedly endorse this renewal.
ScottofStrand

5 years ago

FnB has served some of the most delicious and memorable meals i've had this year. It's my favorite restaurant in town, and the first place I recommend people to try. Super +1 from me.
PHXeater

5 years ago

No question this will be renewed. I had my "worst" meal here recently out of probably close to 100 (including late night eats) and it was still a 8.5/10. Pavle, Charleen, and the team are able to strike such a perfect balance of accessible, innovative, and delicious. Take any eater to dinner and I think they'll leave 100% happy with the experience and the food. I'm wondering if Charleen will ever get a James Beard nom...
chrislee

5 years ago

No brainer imo. Consistently amazing for my whole (all 1,000 of us) extended family that loves FnB.
MyLifeOnVacatio

5 years ago

Like Chris said, this is a total no-brainer. Absolutely incredible food. And as a special bonus, everyone treats you like family when you are there. FNA!
Skillet Doux

5 years ago

FnB has been named to the 2014 Food Nerd Approved list.
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com