Hana Japanese Eatery - Sushi and Homestyle Japanese

2014 list of restaurants that have captured our love and admiration
AZLobo

5 years ago

What can I say, I love this place. Take a look at the Hana Japanese chain for the discussion. Recently I've started to explore the Japanese kitchen menu, and I can't believe how much I've been missing out on over the years, and that's saying a lot since this is some of the best sushi in the city!

Hana Japanese thread: Hana Japanese Eatery

2013 nomination thread:
Hana Japanese Eatery - Sushi and Homestyle Japanese

Hana Japanese Eatery
http://www.hanajapaneseeatery.com
5524 N. 7th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85013
602-973-1238
BarbaraToombs

5 years ago

Well worthy of renewal in my opinion!
DesertDoc

5 years ago

Agreed. Spent most of 2013 exploring the kitchen side of the menu and have been very happy!
ScottofStrand

5 years ago

I've only gotten to visit Hana twice, but both meals were fantastic. It's creeped up as the top Japanese restaurant choice for me. Definitely worthy of renewal.
M_L

5 years ago

Honestly the first time I went here, it was horrible. I ordered wrong and everything seemed not right to me. However, subsequent visits and some advice on what/how to order have made a huge difference and now I find that I really enjoy what they do here.
Skillet Doux

5 years ago

(Disclosure: I'm friends with Lori)

I love Hana. I love the food, I love both "sides" of the menu, I love that they please the mainstream while always having some little goodies for the hardcore crowd, and I love that it's a wonderful little family-run neighborhood restaurant. There are other great sushi restaurants in town, but Hana is special. Yes for FNA!
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com
mrln242

5 years ago

This is my favorite Sushi but renewing any place at this point I think is a little pointless since its basically just preaching to choirs. Do they gain anything from the renewal? Second would a lesser known smaller, less well travelled restaurant gain more from a first time nod than a renewal, the answer quite frankly is yes. I vote not on renewal.
ScottofStrand

5 years ago

The way that the voting works this year is that everyone gets 1 vote for a new(non FNA) restaurant and also 1 vote for a previously voted (FNA Approved) restaurant. That way people don't have to decide between keeping a restaurant FNA and electing a new and exciting place. I think Hana is a great choice for a renewal vote.
chrislee

5 years ago

Hana rocks. A no brainer for us. Always have stellar, stellar meals here!
Christina

5 years ago

Another vote for Hana. It's no secret how much we love this place :)
Skillet Doux

5 years ago

Hana Japanese Eatery has been named to the 2014 Food Nerd Approved list.
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com