Dolce Vita Italian Grocer - Neighborhood Italian Market

2014 list of restaurants that have captured our love and admiration
ScottofStrand

5 years ago

I'm going to steal this re-nomination away from everyone else who may be eyeballing it! The reason? Nothing has changed! Dolce Vita is a frequent stop on my lunch break, being a short drive from my work. Walter is always there, and always serving the best in quality imported Italian products. Cured meats and cheese fill the deli counter and are the base for amazingly simple and delicious sandwiches. Also available are a handful of pasta dishes and cheese plates. All the dishes emphasize great ingredients and simplicity.
Spaghetti.jpg
Spaghetti con Vongole
Spaghetti.jpg (85.83 KiB) Viewed 4039 times
Fork Vs Food Dolce Vita Grocer Dolce Vita.jpg
Dolce Vita Panini
Fork Vs Food Dolce Vita Grocer Dolce Vita.jpg (105.56 KiB) Viewed 4039 times
Cheese.jpg
Italian Cheeses
Cheese.jpg (117.83 KiB) Viewed 4039 times
The shelves are lined with canned goods, Italian olive oils, aged balsamics, the best dry pasta I've found, sweet preserves , and many more imported goodies. If that weren't enough, attached to the grocery is their Gelato shop, great for a scoop of Stracciatella and an espresso after dinner.

I can't think of any place in the East Valley that embodies Food Nerd Approved like Dolce Vita. Here's to keeping them Approved for another year.

Main discussion thread:
Dolce Vita Italian Grocer and Gelato

2013 nomination thread:
Dolce Vita Italian Grocer - Restaurant and Grocery

Dolce Vita Italian Grocer
www.dolcevitaitaliangrocer.com
5251 E. Brown Road
Mesa, AZ 85205
480-641-8482
BarbaraToombs

5 years ago

Hear, hear! It's little places like this, full of deliciousness and family-run, that need our support! That's a +1 from me! :D
BillBuitenhuys

5 years ago

Wholehearted +1 from me.

So a few things have changed since the last nomination period but all for the better.
The regular / menu selection of pastas has grown.
The variety of available housemade ravioli for take home has increased.
The shelves are even more packed with wonderful selections of product.

And the general acclaim keeps coming

Phoenix New Times Best Italian Deli 2013
Five Best Restaurants in Mesa Right Now
Tim H

5 years ago

Another vote from me. I stop by whenever I'm in the area and always enjoy it. Love the gelato as well.
There is nothing either good or bad but gravy makes it so. - Kevin Hearne
Skillet Doux

5 years ago

No question. Dolce Vita continues to be one of the best purveyor of Italian foods in town, and Walter's as personable and helpful as they come. I love this place, and I think there's absolutely zero question that Dolce Vita should be renewed.
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com
DesertDoc

5 years ago

Have only been here once (it is nowhere near where I live), although I would be there all the time if it was closer. Felt like I was back in Brooklyn at an Italian grocery where everyone was from Italy. Loved the pastas and the meat/cheese selection is excellent. Picked up a bunch of stuff for the PFN Potluck but had to cancel at the last minute and ate like a king for the next week!

Agree on the renewal.
MyLifeOnVacatio

5 years ago

Love this place more and more. I love the sandwiches there for the simplicity and quality of ingredients. Same can be said for the whole place: the shelves and cold case aren't overflowing with a ton of stuff, but what is there is quality. For a fun Saturday afternoon, go and listen to the big table speaking Italian. Get the gelato. FNA!
Skillet Doux

5 years ago

Dolce Vita Italian Grocer has been named to the 2014 Food Nerd Approved list.
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com