Wedge & Bottle - Cheese and Charcuterie

2013 list of restaurants that have captured our love and admiration
ScottofStrand

6 years ago

Fork Vs Food- Wedge and Bottle- Cheese Display.jpg
Wedge and Bottle Cheese Display
Fork Vs Food- Wedge and Bottle- Cheese Display.jpg (74.11 KiB) Viewed 3802 times
When I first became a member to PHXfoodnerds, it didn't take long before I knew what my first post would be about. And when I heard about Food Nerd Approved, it was the first place to pop into my head, despite a wonderful year full of amazing meals and experiences.

There are only a handful of places that come to mind when I think about good cheese and charcuterie, and Wedge and Bottle is number one on that short list. The owners, Troy and Krista, are following their dream, and I can't think of another place I'd rather nominate for Food Nerd Approved. They have a welcoming attitude, and provide the highest quality cheese and meats as well as simple, yet delicious, sandwiches. They also stock their store with unique, and often local, products.

The recent Foodnik Friday visit and posts over the past month have shown that the PFN community has been visiting Wedge and Bottle, and enjoying the food and groceries. There are lots of amazing and interesting restaurants that deserve nominations for FNA, but I think Wedge and Bottle is a unique gem in Phoenix, worthy of our support and praise!

Wedge & Bottle Discussion Thread:
Wedge and Bottle

Wedge & Bottle
www.wedgebottle.com
4025 E. Chandler Boulevard
Phoenix, AZ 85048
480-704-1255
BarbaraToombs

6 years ago

Hear, hear. GREAT nomination. When Petit Fromage sadly closed its doors, I didn't know what I was going to do...until I found out about this place, right in my 'hood!!!

I must admit feeling a little ignorant/intimidated when I go in there, though...need to go with a cheese expert (like you, Scott! LOL).
ScottofStrand

6 years ago

I'm ALWAYS down for a visit. Feel free to hit me up and plan a visit, or put your faith in Krista. She really knows her stuff and knows how to steer people to the cheese they'll like!
M_L

6 years ago

I cannot tell myself enough that I need to get out to that place more frequently. One of these days I will actually start listening to myself. Great choice they really are providing something that is sorely needed around town.
Skillet Doux

6 years ago

Sometimes I get really pissed at myself for not checking out a place sooner, and this was one of those scenarios. I'm mildly embarrassed to admit that I was taken aback by just how great this place is -- the cheese and meat cases, the grocery items, the sandwiches, the folks running the place -- what a fabulous little spot. It's really a gem, and I only wish it were a little closer. Thumbs up for an FNA!
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com
BillBuitenhuys

6 years ago

I fully support this nomination for FNA.

We try to go at least every other weekend. Each time I'm thoroughly impressed with what Troy and Krista have to offer.
They are so enthusiastic about what they are doing and it really shows in what is in the cases.
petitfromageaz

6 years ago

If a cheesemonger's opinion is needed here, I am happy to oblige.
100% Approved by me!
I have a little advantage here by knowing what goes into launching and maintaing this type of venture. What these two have accomplished is no less than amazing.They have an amazing line up of cheeses that are not easy to come by. They've definitely done their research and poured their hearts and souls into this place.
Arizona needs dozens more places like Wedge and Bottle and more people like this couple.
I've only been to W&B a few times, and not at all recently. But I do have intimate knowledge of their product lines, and I am assuming that their are turning them out with a great deal of care.
So a big nod YES to the nomination and a plea to all of you on PFN to go and support them!
Skillet Doux

6 years ago

Wedge & Bottle has been named to the 2013 Food Nerd Approved list.
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com