Crêpe Bar

Good eating in the Valley of the Sun
putitonmytab

I try to go in the middle of the week. When it's not as busy, everyone gets extras :D

I was there yesterday. Jeff sent out the same magical onion straws and carrot cake that Lunchbox had the day before. I tried the 13m vegetable curry for the first time. If you've never been, this crepe kind of sums it all up. It's made with seasonal vegetables, so it will change. Today was carrots, turnips and beets. The veg is sourced from Agritopia (13 miles away, hence the name). Served with pickled onions, to me this is Jeff on a plate. Familiar flavors with a twist, local ingredients are the star. I know that Mike Z posted a picture of this same crepe, here's mine to compare
IMG_6777[1].JPG
IMG_6777[1].JPG (124.44 KiB) Viewed 1461 times
-Mandy
putitonmytab

More Crêpe Bar love. I go once or twice a week. I'm a junky.
If you don't know about the granola, trust me, it's good. It's one of the things that Jeff sends out as an "amuse"/ small bite. It's also on the menu and you can grab a bag to go.
-Mandy
BarbaraToombs

Finally got back over here today for a late lunch after FAR too long a hiatus! Great, as usual, with a delicious little amuse to start...then had the "Smokey" (turkey, gouda, chorizo) - yum - and I just couldn't resist the urge to get an old favorite: the tangy-as-ever Lemon Drop. Man, that lemon curd is SO good!

exit2lef

I hadn't been here since soon after it opened in 2012, but I had to take one of my children to an event across the street yesterday and decided to have lunch at Crepe Bar while waiting. At some point, maybe a long time ago that I just never noticed, the restaurant took over the adjacent storefront and expanded, resulting in a second dining room and customer-accessible restrooms, a feature that the original layout lacked. I still think this place deserves a better location, but I'm glad to see the restaurant grow. In any case, I had some very nice crepes with roasted chicken inside, accessorized with dried chickpeas from the dehydrator mentioned earlier in this thread and a green salad. I also added a side of the potatoes bravas. I'll try to visit more often based on this favorable experience.
F79E9EE6-F2CF-47CB-970B-D311023AC529_1_201_a.jpeg
F79E9EE6-F2CF-47CB-970B-D311023AC529_1_201_a.jpeg (64.6 KiB) Viewed 115 times
https://phxrailfood.com
Instagram: @phxrailfood
exit2lef

AF1384F7-478A-472F-9493-86FF9468E66F_1_201_a.jpeg
AF1384F7-478A-472F-9493-86FF9468E66F_1_201_a.jpeg (71.29 KiB) Viewed 91 times
Another Saturday, another crepe. My kids wanted overflowing bowls of stir-fry from YC's down the street for lunch today, so this stop was for dessert only. It was nice to sample this sweet crepe. It was described as vanilla bean custard, and it certainly had that, but it also had strawberries and candied peanuts, making for some nice contrasts in taste and texture. Chef Tee stopped by our table and gave the youngest member of our family a complimentary brownie to take home.
https://phxrailfood.com
Instagram: @phxrailfood