Two Hands Corn Dogs — Korean gamja-hotdog in Mesa

Good eating in the Valley of the Sun
BenLagom
Site Admin

Korean corn dogs are having a moment this summer. Wrapped in dough instead of cornmeal batter and optionally coated with sugar, they're a fun novelty food.

Two Hands is just down the street from me by H-Mart in Mesa, and I've been a few times. They're the only place I know of in the Phoenix area specializing in these.

My favorite so far is the potato dog. The potato cubes in the coating add a nice crunchy element. I usually get half sausage half mozzarella for the filling.

But if you haven't had one, the classic dog with sugar, mustard, and ketchup is the one I'd try first.

I got lucky and walked right in when they first opened, but the word is definitely out. It took an hour to get my order the last time I was there. I noticed you can order on their website, if I go again I'm going to see how ordering ahead works out.

When the dogs do eventually come out, they're hot and everything you'd want from deep-fried guilty-pleasure food. I haven't had the drinks or sides, I'm usually picking up other stuff from H-Mart if I'm in that shopping center.

Two Hands Seoul Fresh Corn Dogs
twohandsus.com
1933 W Main St Ste 6
Mesa, AZ 85201
Next to H-Mart
(480) 366-4527
M_L

I like the spicy and the rice one as well but they are all pretty darn good and the potato is pretty epic. I generally prefer the cheese inside over the meat but either or is pretty solid.
exit2lef

I shopped at H Mart on Saturday and noticed a long line nearby. I figured it was for Two Hands, and you've confirmed that. I'll have to take a break from the H Mart food court to explore it soon.

Question: the menu says 100% beef "sausage." Is it a hot dog, or something with a coarser texture like a brat?
https://phxrailfood.com
Instagram: @phxrailfood
BenLagom
Site Admin

exit2lef wrote: 3 months ago Is it a hot dog, or something with a coarser texture like a brat?
It's a hot dog if memory serves.