Testal Mexican Kitchen

Good eating in the Valley of the Sun
LaPan

Tried out a new spot today with some friends and unfortunately we were starving and I forgot to take any photos.

Burritos are 3 bite sized (priced accordingly) and delicious. Loads of vegan options there, too. Tried a few and no complaints on any. And their salsa rojo was ON POINT. So much so, I'd love if anybody here can figure out that recipe 😉. I asked if they sold it on its own and they don't .

Testal Mexican Kitchen
1325 Grand Ave Suite 1
Phoenix, AZ 85007

(602) 384-9993

Monday - Saturday
8am - 8pm
Sunday - Closed

Attachments
image.gif
image.gif (621 Bytes) Viewed 333 times
IG @lapaniam
BenLagom
Site Admin

That shot of them roasting the peppers makes this place look pretty legit. I don't get to Grand Ave often, but I might need to soon.
Mike Todd

I stopped in a few weeks ago to grab some gorditas to go. I picked up four altogether: picadillo, deshebrada, rajas, and relleno.

We really enjoyed the deshebrada (tender stewed beef, with a bit of green chile kick), the picadilllo (much milder than other versions I've had), and the relleno (hard to go wrong with chile, cheese, and egg). The rajas, however, tasted...odd to us, and neither of us finished our half. Couldn't ever put my finger on it what the mystery flavor was. We speculated that it might be epazote, but that doesn't show up in the ingredient list, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ maybe something about how they season their chicken broth?

The order came with four 1/2-oz portions of salsa, two red and two green. The green was fresh tasting and pleasantly warming, but the red...well, let's just say that unless your heat tolerance is fairly high, a little goes a long way.

Looking forward to checking out some of the vegan options on my next visit, but it might be a while before I go near either version of the rajas again.
LaPan

I LOVED the red. Want more!
IG @lapaniam