Fellow Osteria

Good eating in the Valley of the Sun
PHXeater

1 month ago

Interested to see who else has tried it in its first couple weeks, and whether I just hit them while working out some opening kinks. The servers were lovely to us (especially to baby phxeater who we were reassured was more than welcome), and the space is really nice, just some noticeable execution errors on the food/drinks.

REALLY hoping my experience was an anomaly.

Review

Started out with confusion on drinks - server asked me what type of liquor I'd like in my espresso martini :?: ...ended up tasting like a Bailey's martini somehow - not good. Husband's drink: "Secret Handshake": Ron Zacappa Solera Rum / Averna Amaro / Orange / Lemon / Blackberry / Small Hands Rasperry Gum. Got a big "yuck" from him being very unbalanced and far too strong on the amaro.
20190105_174220.jpg
Espresso Martini?
20190105_174220.jpg (121.37 KiB) Viewed 98 times
The octopus salad (not pictured) was really tender, cooked great, nice accompaniments, but incredibly acidic. The mozzarella was gobbled up by the bambino, larger than a baseball - the fork in the picture is serving platter size so hard to tell. Bread was deliciously warm, but the veggies were insanely salty.
20190105_174109.jpg
Fork not helpful for scale
20190105_174109.jpg (123.43 KiB) Viewed 98 times
The prosciutto and funghi pizza was tasty - very thin and not quite Neapolitan, but close. For a pasta we got the Orecchiette di Grano Arso / Spicy Sausage / Broccolini. Which was al dente and a really nice pasta...except it was so bland and no flavor. Sad.
20190105_174920.jpg
Terrible pizza pic, but best dish of the night?
20190105_174920.jpg (114.99 KiB) Viewed 98 times
20190105_174925.jpg
Sad bland orecchiette
20190105_174925.jpg (93.59 KiB) Viewed 98 times
Overall it was just meh - I thought it was going to be a really nice spot near us with a great patio, solid drinks, all that good stuff! That being said, others I trust have gone and really enjoyed their meals! So I certainly am not crossing them off my list.

So who else has gone?

Fellow Osteria
https://www.fellowosteria.com/
1455 N Scottsdale Rd Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
(480) 207-1864
MAdoubleT

1 month ago

Have to say your review is pretty spot on. We went last Friday and concur Drinks execution was a little off. I was served my cocktail well before my wife received her wine. It was good but not great.

We Enjoyed the octopus salad and arincini although we would have liked them to space them out a bit.

Ordered the orchiette and the Bolognese and while good they weren’t great. We concurred it was better than Sauce and less expensive than say Tratto, but kind of expected it to be better than what it was.

Glad Baby PhXEater enjoyed the mozzarella, you are far braver than I am. My mini me has not been fun at restaurants recently.
PHXeater

1 month ago

MAdoubleT wrote:
1 month ago
Have to say your review is pretty spot on. We went last Friday and concur Drinks execution was a little off. I was served my cocktail well before my wife received her wine. It was good but not great.

We Enjoyed the octopus salad and arincini although we would have liked them to space them out a bit.

Ordered the orchiette and the Bolognese and while good they weren’t great. We concurred it was better than Sauce and less expensive than say Tratto, but kind of expected it to be better than what it was.

Glad Baby PhXEater enjoyed the mozzarella, you are far braver than I am. My mini me has not been fun at restaurants recently.
Oh boy...I definitely don't mind Sauce but "better than Sauce" is not a ringing endorsement :D. And yes, baby PHXeater isn't mobile like yours yet so she just made some friends from her high chair and we were careful to enjoy the early bird 5pm dining hour to be safe!
BillBuitenhuys

2 weeks ago

We went a few weeks ago and had a good time.
The swiss chard ravioli was wonderful as was the orecchiette with spicy sausage and rabe. The margarita pizza was just ok. The dough needed salt and the pizza overall was pretty flat. Drinks were hit or miss. The Zenzero was a mess but the Bee's Knees was quite lovely.