Chou’s Kitchen - Tempe location

Good eating in the Valley of the Sun
jacqaz

2 months ago

I wanted to create a new thread for the Tempe location because they offer more items on the menu compared to the Chandler location. Plus, they regularly update their seasonal blackboard menu and even have secret items that are made regularly on request, but not on any menu (at the moment). I will add more info as time goes and more visits are made. 😋

Chou's Kitchen - Tempe
1250 E. Apache Blvd., Suite 101
Tempe, AZ 85281
480-557-8888

Open everyday - Monday to Sunday
Mon - Fri: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Mon - Fri: 4:30 pm -10:00 pm
Sat - Sun: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm

www.chouskitchen.com
Last edited by jacqaz 2 months ago, edited 4 times in total.
I was born in Taiwan, where eating is the national sport!

- Jacq
M_L

3 weeks ago

What are these fancy secret items as I go there fairly frequently.
PHXeater

2 weeks ago

M_L wrote:
3 weeks ago
What are these fancy secret items as I go there fairly frequently.
Ditto
jacqaz

2 weeks ago

Here are a couple of special seasonal blackboard items that I would recommend if you want to see if they have them available.

Some are from their “special” and seasonal menu that is not printed on the regular menu.

Only the Tempe location is offering the special menu items, I think because they have a much higher number of customers and traffic from Asians to make sense to offer them. It has a bigger kitchen compared to Chandler location for sure.

Pickled hot pepper pork
泡椒小炒肉
This is my favorite dish here, not on any menu but they make it every time I ask. No official English translation yet there. This dish has pickled Tabasco hot peppers, thin pork slices, Chinese celery and ginger. I crave this dish all the time!

Garlic stir fry luffa
蒜蓉絲瓜
Delicate and quite delicious, one of my childhood favorites. They prepare this dish quite well. It might take getting used to because luffa is soft and slightly watery when cooked. But it is amazing eaten with a bowl of white rice. You might be able to pick up the natural sweetness from the luffa when you eat, especially with this simple way of preparing the vegetable.

These items are what I have ordered in 2018. I have not been back for 2019, so I don't know if the blackboard menu has been updated or not. If anyone is there and can take a photo of the blackboard, I am happy to translate. ;)
I was born in Taiwan, where eating is the national sport!

- Jacq
Jazzmonkie

2 weeks ago

The twice-cooked pork is another great dish not on the regular menu. It is available at both locations.