Root and Soul

Good eating in the Valley of the Sun
Desert Gal

9 months ago

All of you who know me have heard me lament the dearth of decent eats in my 'hood so I'm excited about the opening of the new Root and Soul. I haven't been there yet, but that will change soon. This might be a good place for a Food Nerds meetup. From their "About" webpage:

"WELCOME TO THE ROOT AND SOUL. WHERE SOUL FOOD GOES GOURMET. We’ve taken the best elements and ingredients of traditional southern cooking and added a bold flavors. Christian Buze has honed his recipes for years, starting when he was a kid working in his grandmother’s restaurant, the famed Mrs. White’s Golden Rule cafe. From that solid training ground, where his grandmother recognized and encouraged his talent, “Chef Buzz” began to try new cooking methods and bold ingredients."

https://therootandsoul.com/
14144 N 100TH ST, B130,
SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85260
(480) 476-1370
exit2lef

9 months ago

I tried Root & Soul at its original location at the DeSoto Central Market and found it quite promising. I particularly liked the shrimp & grits I had for brunch one time. The side of collards I ordered was also very nice.

I am pleased to hear the restaurant has been resurrected. The new location is not one I’ll get to often, but I wish them well. The owner has mentioned the possibility of an eventual return to downtown, so I hope the restaurant is successful enough to thrive in two locations.