Little Miss BBQ

Good eating in the Valley of the Sun
Lunchbox

4 years ago

It comes as no surprise that Little Miss was named top in AZ in their list of "The Best BBQ in Every State (and DC)". Scott and crew are proving to be consistently awesome at what they're doing.
-- LBX

Instagram: @zachary.garcia

Twitter: @zach_garcia
BarbaraToombs

4 years ago

We got a massive take-away order for our family reunion over Memorial Day weekend (brisket [duh], pulled pork, ribs, sausage, jalapeno cheddar grits [duh], and cole slaw. Took my sister-in-law from Maryland with me to pick the order up, and she was dumbfounded. "Why have people been waiting in line since 9:30 with camp chairs?" Then she had a sample. Then she met Scott. Then , later that night, she and the rest of the family had the meal of a lifetime. So entertaining to watch their faces!!! Always a winner here. :)
BillBuitenhuys

4 years ago

Kind of an aside, I am so glad we have LMBBQ here in PHX and that the lines are ~only~ what they are.

A friend that I introduced to Little Miss and is now moved to CT, recently did a business trip to Austin.
He went to Franklin BBQ...mid week...an hour before opening...IN THE POURING RAIN.
The staff gave him an estimated wait time of 3 hours to get to the window (and out of the rain)...he left.
PHXeater

4 years ago

http://www.azcentral.com/story/entertai ... /29518595/

Really wondering how strict those delivery areas are...
exit2lef

4 years ago

PHXeater wrote:http://www.azcentral.com/story/entertai ... /29518595/

People play fast & loose with Phoenix geography all the time -- calling places as far west as 20th Street "Arcadia" and extending Downtown all the way up to Camelback. Nevertheless, I wouldn't be surprised if a delivery zone is enforced through some sort of geofence in the app. If someone is outside the zone, perhaps the "BBQ" option won't even appear.
PHXeater

4 years ago

exit2lef wrote:
PHXeater wrote:http://www.azcentral.com/story/entertai ... /29518595/

People play fast & loose with Phoenix geography all the time -- calling places as far west as 20th Street "Arcadia" and extending Downtown all the way up to Camelback. Nevertheless, I wouldn't be surprised if a delivery zone is enforced through some sort of geofence in the app. If someone is outside the zone, perhaps the "BBQ" option won't even appear.
Oh, I plan to try regardless :) . I'm 7 miles from Little Miss BBQ, while Central and Camelback which most would consider Central Phoenix is 10 miles so who knows. If it's just a big 10 mile wide circle they drew around it I may be in luck!

ETA: I tweeted @uber_AZ to ask if they had more details. Will update if I get an answer.
putitonmytab

4 years ago

I think this is brilliant.
-Mandy
J Live

4 years ago

You all are fast....just got the email from Uber and came to post that. This is one time where working in the hood is going to work out well for me.
Skillet Doux

4 years ago

This is where we start the pool on when the meat runs out. I claim 11:07 AM :-)
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com
exit2lef

4 years ago

Having never been to Little Miss, I'm curious: How much does a two-meat plate & a bottle of Hubert's normally cost? $18 sounds reasonable to have this bounty delivered to my office, so I'm not complaining -- just wondering what the same meal would cost on site.
Skillet Doux

4 years ago

Photo of the menu upthread has a two meat plate with two sides at $14, though that may be outdated. No drink, there.
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com
chrislee

4 years ago

exit2lef,

You've never been? I know the line is a pain but I'd definitely say you should get there when you can!
exit2lef

4 years ago

Skillet Doux wrote:Photo of the menu upthread has a two meat plate with two sides at $14, though that may be outdated. No drink, there.
Thanks. In that case, the $18 promotion really will be a good value.
GoBlue18

4 years ago

Did this work for anyone? I tried at 11:06 and got a message that all drivers were busy.
PHXeater

4 years ago

I couldn't get it due to my location in Arcadia but know someone who got it in the delivery area. And I could see it when I moved the pin to the delivery area.
exit2lef

4 years ago

GoBlue18 wrote:Did this work for anyone? I tried at 11:06 and got a message that all drivers were busy.
I got that message consistently for about 20 minutes, but I kept on tapping my iPhone and by 11:30 I had a LIttle MIss meal waiting at the curb outside my office. I removed the two slices of white bread so the photo would capture the tastier elements of the lunch. I work Downtown, so I was well within the delivery zone, which appeared to be defined by street boundaries rather than a radius around the restaurant.
IMG_3500.JPG
IMG_3500.JPG (130.87 KiB) Viewed 4905 times
Last edited by exit2lef 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
GoBlue18

4 years ago

Well fudge. I stopped after about 10 minutes. Serves me right for quitting early.
grrlscout

4 years ago

I tried basically every minute from 11-12, and then every 10 minutes 12-1. Gave it a couple more tries 1-2. And bupkiss. :(
~ Korina
gardener | forager | permie | maker of things
Jolly Ed

4 years ago

Tried it for the first time last weekend. Sat is the only day we can get there. Wait was about 1 hour from arrival to food. Ordered take out and tried fatty brisket, pulled pork, sausage, beef short rib, beans, slaw and grits. Not a clunker in the lot. It really lived up to the hype. The sauces were top notch with the tangy mustard sauce just amazing. Wife and I were doubly impressed because everything was so good and we had enough to last into Sunday. Wait well worth it folks…. 8-) 8-)
EndofDiscOne

4 years ago

The barbecue here is by a long stretch the best I have found in the state of Arizona.

Is it like eating in Lockhart, Texas, where you can cross the street and walk a block from Kreuz's to Black's Barbecue? No, but everything we have ever ordered and eaten from Little Miss has been right on target in terms of taste and consistency for Texas barbecue (not Kansas City style with all the sauces and other stuff, but the essential meats).

The service has been friendly and the portions adequate, the smoking and flavoring sufficient to enhance the meat without overcoming the savoriness.