Detroit Coney Grill

Good eating in the Valley of the Sun
Mike Z

This is completely totally unfair and wishful thinking, but . . . I live a mile-ish from the DCG, and I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve driven home after a game/concert/movie/shenanigans and jonzed for a DCG burger fix only to remember they close in the early evening :(
DetroitConeyBigMacInaw.JPG
DetroitConeyBigMacInaw.JPG (146.46 KiB) Viewed 1792 times
Sometimes you need to settle for late breakfast the day after. They’ve officially given this thing a name . . . their 4 pattie 3 bun Big Mac “Inaw” is killer
Mike Z

Just a fist bump for the DCG. Loving that killer Big Mack "inaw" . . . had half for dinner and half for breakfast

I also had the Coney Fries (Detroit chili, seasoned ground beef, cheese sauce) for the first time. Next time I'd ask for some onion

When I ordered, the young lady tried to suggestive sell an off menu "Loaded Fries". Fries topped with griddled chopped onions, jalapeno, bacon, and cheese sauce. You may want to look into that :)
exit2lef

Earlier this year, DCG opened a new location on Mill Avenue in downtown Tempe. It's a pretty nice space with an indoor/outdoor bar and a patio:

The core menu is the same as at the other locations, as with this Detroit Coney paired with tots:

but there are some bar foods specific to this location. I enjoyed these sloppy Joe sliders, which are made with the same ground beef as the loose burgers and the chili, but with slightly different tangy sauce:

Some of the presentations here are more attractive than at other locations. This Greek salad looked a whole lot prettier plated this way than in its usual clamshell at the downtown Phoenix location:

Another nice touch here is that the bar focuses on Michigan brews like Founders All Day IPA

I was surprised when I heard this location was opening so close to the original down on Broadway, but I think they're targeting a different crowd here.
https://phxrailfood.com
Instagram: @phxrailfood
exit2lef

Quick update: DCG has closed its location on Adams Street in downtown Phoenix.
https://phxrailfood.com
Instagram: @phxrailfood