New Product Sightings in AZ Retail Stores!!!

Discussion of drinks, alcoholic and otherwise
chrislee

2 months ago

So I posted on IG and such in the past. I always love when something good that we cannot get retail shows up in our stores.

I mentioned that Montenegro is sold at the AJ's on 44th & Camelback (along with a good amount of interesting stuff) but it's now also at Total Wine and BevMo.

I also saw that Total Wine is now carrying Fortaleza tequila which is cool.

I was also able to get a bottle of bacanora at Total Wine. They had a couple. I've been wanting to get some ever since I had the Sonoran Negroni at Reilly Pizza in Tucson (wonderful drink). Next time I'm down there, I'm going to see exactly what they were using. I know they used Contratto Bitter instead of Campari in it but I haven't found that yet.

As I find new stuff in local stores, I'll post more here. Love to hear your new finds as well.
BillBuitenhuys

2 weeks ago

I think ODV may have Contratto on the shelf. I'll check on Sunday. You can get all kinds of cool vermouth, potable bitters, and aperitivo at ODV these days.

Total only seems to carry Fortaleza blanco and repo. The full line, including the Still Strength blanco, is at GCM Liquors.

Also fairly new to the PHX market (at least now more broadly available...finally after 11 years of me lobbying for these) are wines from Selection Massale and Louis Dressner Merchants (LDM) importers. Sauvage (at the Churchill in PHX) has a wonderful selection, Arcadia Premium has some choice labels, as does ODV. If you are interested in trying some vibrant, exciting wines from minimal interventionalist wine makers then look for SM or LDM on the back label.
chrislee

2 days ago

ODV? I did not know about them!!!

I will head there this weekend. Thanks, Bill!!