Chandler Craft Spirits Festival

Discussion of drinks, alcoholic and otherwise
BillBuitenhuys

What: First ever spirits festival in Chandler. Big ole gathering of local and national spirits manufacturers and maybe a brewer or two plying you with their wares. Food and merchant vendors will also be there.
When: April 26. 5-10pm
Where: Downtown Chandler
How Much: $35 pp includes 15 drink coupons (for 1oz pours from manufacturers), $75pp VIP includes more up-scale spirits and food. I have seen the regular admission tix on some of the discount sites for $23 (instead of $35)

Disclaimer: AZBittersLab will be sharing a table with Tito's Handmade Vodka sampling our bitters and providing a cocktail or two designed by the one and only Mr. Travis Nass.

Chandler Craft Spirits Fest home page
BarbaraToombs

Yeah...saw this on Facebook. Sounds intriguing!!!
DMancini

Wondering who wound up going and what the reactions were. Was going to try to make it, but Chandler is kind of out of my wheel house. Wondering if it is worth making it to next year.
BillBuitenhuys

It was pretty crazy. Many booths were pouring full sized drinks or 3-4 1/2 to 3/4 oz pours of straight spirits.
Give people 15 tickets each then present them with 25-30 booths of goodies and things are going to go sideways. Lots of public stumbling and embarrassing line dancing. It was very well attended from all facets of the population and while there was lots of obvious over-imbibing there didn't seem to be any altercations (which might have been tempered by the large contingent of Chandler officers mingling about).

On the plus side, there were some wonderful drinks being poured. We paired with Tito's for a Texas Tea. Barrelhouse was pouring Geoffrey's killer Sazerac. Garrison Bros was pouring their amazing bourbon. San Tan Brewery had lots of beer cocktails to try. Rich from The Beverly made an amazing Aviation punch. The gang from AZ Distillery was there with all their bourbons and gin. Desert Diamond with their rums. A few tequila vendors, some other bourbon. Lots of good stuff.

I think we would do it again next year as there were lots of good things to try at a very reasonable price. Just go early.
Loumaep

We went last year too. We popped for the VIP tickets. We won't do that again, since so many vendors didn't ever take the tickets. I think we'd do it again next year.
DMancini

Thanks to you both. I think we'll definitely give it a shot this year. If I remember correctly Corsair was there. How was their showing? They are one of my favorite distilleries.