Enough is enough...

It's a community board, after all!
GoBlue18

OK, I've played the innocent bystander long enough. Originally from Michigan, moved down to Phoenix about 9 years ago. My younger brother (who currently lives in Chicago and is a much more of a food nerd than I am) swears by the LTH forums, then introduced me to the Skillet Doux blog, and finally informed me Dom was moving down to the Phoenix area. I've been following ever since this started, but never had the time (or maybe the effort) to join in the discussion. Work keeps me busy and the family gets the rest of the time. But its too hard to pass this up...I've enjoyed the discussion so far and I hope I don't detract anything away from it. Looking forward to the rest of 2013 and beyond!
Skillet Doux
Site Admin

Wow! So glad you decided to delurk :-)

Welcome aboard, GoBlue... glad to have you with us!
Dominic Armato
BarbaraToombs

Woohoo! Another Michigander!!! Welcome aboard! Maybe we can start a search for the perfect Lafayette Coney dog (I know it won't compare to the soggy--yet delicious!--Italian Beef those Chicagoans are always on the lookout for, but still might be fun)! ;)
GoBlue18

I'm actually headed to Motor City Café for lunch so I'll check out their coney's and let you know. They serve Better Made chips and Faygo Rock & Rye, so that's a good start!
BarbaraToombs

Yes! That's right near my house and they're great folk. (Not to mention they've got Sanders Cream Puff Hot Fudge Sundaes, too...hello!!) :)
GoBlue18

Well it was pretty darn good but hard to say whether it was the reminder of home while sloshing down Rock & Rye and coney dogs with the Tigers/Pistons/Wolverine memorabilia on the wall or if it was actually good food. I'll say both!
BarbaraToombs

What? No Sanders? ;)
GoBlue18

Unfortunately no. But last time I went back to Michigan, I brought 4 bottles back with me, and I'm still trying to get through those. So I feel like I get a reprieve there!
BarbaraToombs

Indeed you do! :)
sinosoul

Go Blue.

-from LA.
GoBlue18

Go Blue indeed!
Dapuma

BarbaraToombs

Dapuma, that is just downright MEAN. :lol:

Having said that, I will NOT be cheering for the Wolverines tomorrow, because my alma mater, the Central Michigan Chippewas, will be taking them on in the Big House.

(We'll probably get our asses kicked, but one can always hope for an upset! ;)
Dapuma

My brother went to central

Fire Up Chips!
BarbaraToombs

Dapuma wrote:My brother went to central

Fire Up Chips!
You just redeemed yourself! :grin: