Oxtail at Bacanora

The Valley of the Sun, and all that is tasty therein
tukeefoodie

Oxtail at Bacanora

Post by tukeefoodie »

Was at Bacanora last night and had the oxtail. Granted I hadn't been to Bacanora in a bit so wondering when it was added to the menu. It was easily the best dish I had all year. Smoked oxtail, grilled pumpkin, cheese, nuts, a bitter salad. It was soooo good!

Searched the forum and did not see a post on it. Has anyone else tried it and what did they think?
Lunchbox

Re: Oxtail at Bacanora

Post by Lunchbox »

I haven't had the Oxtail there (wasn't on the menu the couple times I went)... At least I don't think so. I did have several other outstanding dishes though. I've gotta get back there, it's just so hard to get a table!
tukeefoodie

Post by tukeefoodie »

My strategy is to get there late (around 830 PM) and then wander the neighborhood for 30 mins (no more than 30 min wait) the several times we have been

So awesome to see this was one of Dom’s 10 fave dishes of 2023. I was just blown away but I can’t write the details like he does. All I know is that it was phenomenal
Last edited by tukeefoodie on Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayj

Post by jayj »

tukeefoodie wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:01 am My strategy is to get there late (around 830 PM) and then wander the neighborhood for 30 mins (no more than 30 min wait) the several times we have been
Keep an eye on cancellations on the day. I've managed to land a table that way, too!