New Exec Chef at Sanctuary- Gregory James

Food news, food media, and other food-related topics
immersivemachine

New Exec Chef at Sanctuary- Gregory James

Post by immersivemachine »

I just had Gregory James roll thru my escape room. He happens to be a big Escape Room enthusiast, but we got to talking about food, and it sounds like he just moved back to town to take over the Exec. Chef role at Sanctuary. He must have worked several places in Phx before, because we were chatting about the ppl at The Phoenician and Mary Elaines from back in the day. We chatted about Beau Macmillan, Aaron May, and Eddie Matney. I'm not sure where he was at when he was in town, but I know he was in Maryland for a while at Inn at Perry Cabin most recently.

Thought it was a fun little bit of gossip worth sharing. Anyone else know anything about him?
Skillet Doux
Site Admin

Re: New Exec Chef at Sanctuary- Gregory James

Post by Skillet Doux »

Here's his IG page:

https://www.instagram.com/chefgregoryjames/

Not sure what's up with the name change, but that's Gregory Wiener. He was at Top of the Rock for a while, and then took over Buck & Rider before he left for the East Coast. Can't remember where he was before TotR.
-Dom
BillBuitenhuys

Re: New Exec Chef at Sanctuary- Gregory James

Post by BillBuitenhuys »

The name change / rebranding is a curiosity for sure. He was one of the few chefs that came out of the kitchen to taste through our bitters with his Bev Director to see how they could work with his food. Stephen Eldridge was another.