Maryvale/Talking Stick Amphitheater??

The Valley of the Sun, and all that is tasty therein
ELP_me

Maryvale/Talking Stick Amphitheater??

Post by ELP_me »

Probably a long shot but does anyone have any recommendations for a decent place in the Maryvale area? Going to a concert at Talking Stick Amphitheater with a group of 6 and we’d like to eat out in that area beforehand if possible. Thanks!
jayj

Re: Maryvale/Talking Stick Amphitheater??

Post by jayj »

Following along on this thread. I just went to a show there last week (Foo Fighters !! :D ) and ended up eating there. Which, wasn't terrible. They have hot dogs, nachos, pizzas, burgers. All ridiculously priced. Ended up paying about $40 for fries, a hot dog, and some nachos. We could have gone to Filibertos and spent $8.

OH, one hot tip: do not park at the venue. There's a park and ride on 79th and McDowell. It's about a 10-15 min walk away. Park there and you'll be able to skip all the mayhem getting out of the venue.
exit2lef

Post by exit2lef »

Tacos mi Ranchito is within walking distance on 83rd Avenue. I have not been to this location, but it is an offshoot of the original one in South Phoenix, which I like a great deal. The 83rd Avenue restaurant appears to be order-at-the-counter while the South Phoenix one is full service.

https://www.tacosmiranchito.com/
phxscoob

Post by phxscoob »

We went to The Black Keys last year and stopped at Pizza A Metro. Small dining room at the front but you can walk through the kitchen to the very cute patio in the back. Nice place. They brought out some flat bread with chopped tomatoes onions, garlic and balsamic on the side. The pastas looked really good but we went with their meter long pizza which fed the 6 of us just about perfectly.

https://pizzametroaz.com/
2336 W Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85015
Skillet Doux
Site Admin

Post by Skillet Doux »

phxscoob wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:37 am ...stopped at Pizza A Metro. Small dining room at the front but you can walk through the kitchen to the very cute patio in the back. Nice place.
Agreed! It's a good spot!

Somebody should start a thread ;-)
-Dom
ELP_me

Post by ELP_me »

Thanks all! I've gone ahead and made a reservation at Pizza A Metro. I mean, how could I not with a endorsement coming from Dom! Also appreciate jajj's parking tip!