Uber Eats

Food news, food media and other food-related topics
J Live

3 years ago

Saw it mentioned in another thread and was wondering how people are liking Uber Eats? We had an excellent experience from The Gladly where the famous salad and brussel sprouts were perfectly packaged and delicious as ever....have ordered it a couple times now. Also ordered from Gelato Spot with a late night dessert craving and it was as frozen as if we had gone to the actual store to get it. And then....we had Forno 301 (not sure why, just took a flyer) and it was horrendous. The bacon on the bruschetta was under cooked to the point I'm not sure it was cooked at all. The sausage and mushroom pizza had two pieces of sausage and four mushrooms...on the entire pizza. Complete disaster and it all ended up in the garbage.

I realize takeout is never as good as the real thing but it seemed to me that Uber had worked with some of the restaurants to only deliver items that would travel well and hold up. I came to that conclusion with The Gladly's limited menu and hoped that to be the case. It won't replace going to actual restaurants for us, but with the Olympics on and these fun storms the past couple of weeks it has been a nice treat.
artvandelay

3 years ago

It's been hit or miss for me although I love having such an expanded menu of lunch options. I ordered the lunch bowls from Clever Koi and they were awful. I have never had the lunch bowls at the restaurant but have eaten there many times for dinner and I am a huge fan. I was really surprised by how bad the meal was from there given how much I otherwise enjoy the restaurant.

On the other end, I thought my order from Pork on a Fork held up really well so I think it's really about finding something that will travel well and hold up. I may have to try the Gladly next time.
J Live

3 years ago

We are really liking Gelato Spot on there...gets to the house perfectly frozen. Hits that nighttime sweet tooth craving and they are to our house within about 20 minutes. I've been using the Olympics as an excuse to eat bad and drink a little more and tonight shall be no different. After all, it's for the country!
artvandelay

3 years ago

Just an update. Got delivery from Jewel of the Crown today (one of our go to Indian spots in town) and it was great. I'm downtown and so I can't understand the economics of delivery of a $9 meal from Scottsdale for $3.99 but I'll take it. This has really broadened lunch options for me and so I remain a big fan.
swapna31

2 months ago

Excellent thread..!!!
Eshwar

2 months ago

Wonderful experience...