Mike Z

4 years ago

Nostrovia!!!
Desert Gal

4 years ago

So happy for you both! Hurrah!
phxmacbear

4 years ago

What what what?! How did I miss this? What's going on?! I work at 2nd Ave/Adams and have been DYING for something GOOD downtown....
My heads exploding right now....when? how? who? LOL

Can't wait for this.
Skillet Doux

4 years ago

Since it seems she isn't going to mention it, I'm going to go ahead and toot her horn for her.

Our very own Desert Gal won the farmer category in this year's Local Hero Awards from Edible Phoenix magazine :-)

So, if I may...

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com
LaPan

4 years ago

Sweet! Congrats
M_L

4 years ago

Skillet Doux wrote:Since it seems she isn't going to mention it, I'm going to go ahead and toot her horn for her.

Our very own Desert Gal won the farmer category in this year's Local Hero Awards from Edible Phoenix magazine :-)

So, if I may...

Well deserved. Congrats!
Desert Gal

4 years ago

Skillet Doux wrote:Since it seems she isn't going to mention it, I'm going to go ahead and toot her horn for her.

So, if I may...

Ah, shucks. It was a complete and total surprise, my customers voted me in, Thanks for the shout out S.D.
Desert Gal

4 years ago

My good friend Lylah from The Simple Farm http://thesimplefarm.net/ is looking to create a shade oasis of 30 Chilean Mesquite trees at her farm through $50 donations. In return, you get a baby goat selfie, unbelievably delicious goat milk caramels, and a tree named after you. Just spreading the farm love by mentioning it, in case you have $50 burning a hole in your pocket and a desperate need for a baby goat selfie, like I have.

Here is her post: http://thesimplefarm.net/blog/2015/4/13 ... -community
J Live

4 years ago

Thanks for the heads up Desert Gal....donated for my tree BUT most importantly to my wife, an upcoming surprise selfie with a goat! Nice little mother's day gift. My wife is obsessed with goats and miniature donkeys.....she will be so excited by this. And we've been meaning to get by there one day.
Desert Gal

4 years ago

J Live wrote:Thanks for the heads up Desert Gal....donated for my tree BUT most importantly to my wife, an upcoming surprise selfie with a goat! Nice little mother's day gift. My wife is obsessed with goats and miniature donkeys.....she will be so excited by this. And we've been meaning to get by there one day.
J Live, that is so cool! The Simple Farm is the perfect place for photos, you will love it. On Friday mornings from 8:30am to 11:00am they have a nice little Farmers Market with lots of fresh veggies, Crow's Dairy goat milk products, caramels and other goodies (including my edible garden transplants) just fyi.
J Live

4 years ago

Thanks Desert Gal....she was very on the ball as we are already set to go this Friday at 8am. Taking our three year old too. Should be fun, and we get to name the tree for our little boy. My wife gets the goat picture....but caramels are all mine (yeah right)! Happy to hear there's more going on for Friday including your goods. I saw your site after your award. Especially impressive to someone like me who has the blackest thumb imaginable!
Desert Gal

4 years ago

J Live wrote:Thanks Desert Gal..... I saw your site after your award. Especially impressive to someone like me who has the blackest thumb imaginable!
Your black thumb is good for my business, he he. :lol:
BarbaraToombs

4 years ago

Well, I'M gonna pimp our fearless leader's new project!

http://www.azcentral.com/story/entertai ... /28004419/

Way to go, Skillet Doux! We're so proud, and this is absolutely great considering how it will help the local independent restaurants we aim to champion on this forum.

(Dare I mention grubby and ethnic? ;) )
ScottofStrand

4 years ago

Way to go Dom! There isn't anyone else I know that could hope to fill Seftel's shoes!
PHXeater

4 years ago

So great!!! Are there going to be crazy disguises coming into play?
Mike Z

4 years ago

Wow, congrats! They couldn't have made a better choice

He'll use his Monkey Island voice to place reservations incognito ;)
Skillet Doux

4 years ago

Thanks, guys! I like to think of this as a collective food nerd victory. There are going to be some incredibly cool things coming... stay tuned :-)
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com
Desert Gal

4 years ago

Congratulations Dom! Squeeeee!!!! :D
Mike Z

4 years ago

The first thing you should do is a Chili Battle bracket like the New Times

Make sure to put Gadzooks’ Tortilla Soup in the battle and then trash it out for not being a worthy chili :D

http://phxfoodnerds.com/viewtopic.php?f ... tle#p14455