Flagstaff hotels and B&Bs

Food news, food media and other food-related topics
BillBuitenhuys

4 years ago

We're going up in late Sept / early Oct.
What is your favorite place to stay and why?
BarbaraToombs

4 years ago

We actually like the Monte V (Monte Vista) IF you can get a room with a private bathroom. Full of historical charm, right downtown, walk to everything. We'd like to try the Weatherford across the street to compare one day. There are a lot of yucky hotels up there, too, so be careful ...can't remember the name of the place we had booked once because it was relatively cheap, but when we walked into our room, we walked right out again and found somewhere else.

Last time we went up, a few weeks ago, we ended up staying at Little America because everything else was booked (Celtic Festival...go figure!). I had stayed there once YEARS ago and it has definitely gone downhill since then. (Also, the hallways kinda made us think "REDRUM," if you know what I mean...LOL!)

Little America is also not walking distance, but turns out they do have about 30 Ubers up there, which was nice.

One recommendation if you have time: stop into Hops on Birch...great little beer/wine place...dog-friendly and very people-friendly, too! No food (which is why they can allow dogs), but you can bring in food from neighboring restaurants or whatever. Great beer selection, and a nice but small selection of mostly local wines, as I recall. :)
BillBuitenhuys

4 years ago

Thanks, Barbara! Good stuff. We were looking at Little America because of the trip advisor reviews but will give that a second thought. No need to run into Nicholson in the middle of the night.

"Dog friendly"...not something I usually look for with my allergies! :D but I do like beer.
BarbaraToombs

4 years ago

Ah, then pass on Hops on Birch, Bill...plenty of other places to go! :)

Yeah, Little America I would say is "okay" if you have few other options, but the place is desperately in need of renovation.
azhotdish

4 years ago

I'm moving this thread to Other Culinary Chat - this forum is specifically for the purpose of discussing food and dining outside of Phoenix Metro. I realize the purpose of the trip is probably food and dining-related, but since this is about hotel or bed & breakfasts, it's a little off-topic for this forum. When reporting back on food and dining in Flagstaff, please post to the main thread. Thanks!

-Mod
---
Joel
@azhotdish
BillBuitenhuys

4 years ago

azhotdish wrote:I'm moving this thread to Other Culinary Chat - this forum is specifically for the purpose of discussing food and dining outside of Phoenix Metro. I realize the purpose of the trip is probably food and dining-related, but since this is about hotel or bed & breakfasts, it's a little off-topic for this forum. When reporting back on food and dining in Flagstaff, please post to the main thread. Thanks!

-Mod
Far From Home
Traveling and dining in other Arizona cities and beyond

You might want to change the subheading to the Far From Home section then.