chiletepin peppers

Cooking at home and sourcing ingredients
m5570

3 years ago

Where can you find these peppers fresh?
Desert Gal

3 years ago

m5570 wrote:Where can you find these peppers fresh?
In my garden! :-)

Seriously though, I've never seen the peppers for sale but if you want to grow a plant in a pot or in your garden I'd be glad to give you one. We grow transplants at my nursery.
HrHamada

3 years ago

they sell fried ones in those $1.29 generic packs at many mexican stores. And they usually sell 8 oz plastic tubs for about 5 bucks at many carnecerias. And they grow pretty well if you want off the vine for cooking or pickling
grrlscout

3 years ago

Used to be able to get them from my garden, until someone stole my plant! :shock:

Suzanne, I'm going to have to buy a replacement off of you, next time you bring them to market.
~ Korina
gardener | forager | permie | maker of things
Desert Gal

3 years ago

grrlscout wrote:Used to be able to get them from my garden, until someone stole my plant! :shock:
OMG, WTH is wrong with people? Do you need a security cam on your garden plot?

I'm kinda done with peppers starts until spring, but yesterday I found one sad, lonely Chiletepin start lost amongst the other peppers. I'll save it for you! This exchange may require lunch at Pho Thanh or somewhere central :-)
grrlscout

3 years ago

Thank you!

I know, it's ridiculous. I expect a certain amount of produce to go missing, but a whole plant is a new one on me. :shock:

At first I thought maybe it died, but last I saw, it was doing really well. And then I couldn't find a single bit of it - not a twig or rootball, but there was a divit in the dirt where it was. I keep meaning to stroll around the garden and see if it's in someone else's plot, but it's too hot.

There's also a chance they thought my garden is abandoned and thought they were "rescuing" it, since it's looking quite weedy these days. :oops:
~ Korina
gardener | forager | permie | maker of things