New Orleans

Traveling and dining in other Arizona cities and beyond
DiyaMarketing

4 years ago

Heading to New Orleans next week, and this thread is awesome! Any updates or cocktail recommendations?
AZLobo

4 years ago

DiyaMarketing wrote:Heading to New Orleans next week, and this thread is awesome! Any updates or cocktail recommendations?
Get a Sazerac at the Roosevelt Hotel and a Gin Fizz at the Monteleone's rotating bar.
MAdoubleT

4 years ago

Have been in New Orleans a couple times this year for work. Was at John Beshs place Luke and had the best shrimp and grits I have ever had.

Really enjoyed sobou as well for a variety of good New Orleans style tapas. And K Paul's blacked fish with craw fish étouffée and cognac steak.

Everyone loves Cafe du Monde I kind of have a thing for Cafe Beignet.
PHXeater

4 years ago

Well this is timely as I'm going to be in New Orleans this week as well! Planning on K Paul's for dinner, Cafe du Monde multiple times, and Mother's for a breakfast. Couldn't talk the group into traveling the whole 5 miles to Jacques-Imo's but happy with what the French Quarter area has to offer.
azhotdish

4 years ago

PHXeater wrote:Well this is timely as I'm going to be in New Orleans this week as well! Planning on K Paul's for dinner, Cafe du Monde multiple times, and Mother's for a breakfast. Couldn't talk the group into traveling the whole 5 miles to Jacques-Imo's but happy with what the French Quarter area has to offer.
Or Mother's for the Ferdi Special. Or the Ferdi Special for breakfast. :D
---
Joel
@azhotdish
LaPan

4 years ago

Too bad re Jacques Imo's. Love the trolley ride there, too. And Nola is WAY more than the all tourists French quarter
mwest

4 years ago

I'd go see bartender Chris Hannah at Arnaud's 75 bar and just chat him up and let him make you some drinks based on your preferences.

Bar Tonique on Rampart has some seriously great cocktails in a funky, dark, smokey setting and a great happy hour.

I'd eat at any John Besh or Donald Link restaurant, particularly August and Luke and Peche and Cochon, respectively.

Over in the Garden District, we really liked our meal, cocktails and meeting the friendly manager at Coquette.

We had one of the greatest nights of our life over at Kermit Ruffin's Treme speakeasy, but that had to do with the friendly people, the authentic second line they spontaneously invited us to participate in and the voodoo spirits of New Orleans that got inside of us that night. Food and drink are basic and downhome there, but its still quite an experience of local flavor.

Spitfire Coffee in the Quarter was solid, strong and no nonsense, just a hole in the wall, to-go kind of place.

NOLA Poboys at 908 Bourbon was really good, too. Roast beef debris with French dip hit the fricking spot!