Portland

Traveling and dining in other Arizona cities and beyond
J Live

3 years ago

Got this in Eater email yesterday and brought back fond memories of my first time at Nong's. When the food came out it was quite possibly the most disappointed I had ever been in my life for something that had been built up as so great to me.

Then I took a bite.

Good piece on Nong Poonsukwattana and her chicken...in the same vein as Dom's Killer Dish features: http://www.eater.com/2016/1/28/10850798 ... e-portland
Mike Z

3 years ago

So what time do we leave for Portland?

Interesting article, thanks for posting it. I've added them to my food map
jsmcmillan

3 years ago

Gabe Rucker is a legend:
Little Bird and or Le Pigeon are a must.

Ava Gene's is great

Wings and pork collar at Pok Pok

Ox is fantastic

Broder Nord for a great breakfast

Hate to say it - have to try a few strip clubs...there is a culture of doing happy hour at them. It's a raunchy town and they are proud of it
MAdoubleT

3 years ago

If I were to ever have a last supper. The fried chicken sandwich with fried egg, local bacon, local cheddar and gravy would be in contention.

Pine State Biscuits. They have a couple of locations throughout Portland and are also at the Portland state farmers market.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (103.27 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
J Live

3 years ago

jsmcmillan wrote:Gabe Rucker is a legend:
Little Bird and or Le Pigeon are a must.

Ava Gene's is great

Wings and pork collar at Pok Pok

Ox is fantastic

Broder Nord for a great breakfast

Hate to say it - have to try a few strip clubs...there is a culture of doing happy hour at them. It's a raunchy town and they are proud of it
Good list.....my wife is from Oregon so we get up to Salem/Portland/Black Butte a couple times a year and I get up there at least once more for work. Le Pigeon was one of those meals that still gives me chills to think about, it was that amazing. I actually walked up as a solo and tried to get a seat at the bar. They took my phone number and I chilled at the dive bar nextdoor for about 2 hours before they called. After dinner, I thanked the host profusely for calling my number rather than just tossing it and seating someone else who walked up. She said she would never do that after seeing on my face how excited I was about the possibility of dining there. Writing this a year and a half later, and I still get chills.