Little Miss BBQ

Good eating in the Valley of the Sun
Pete

3 years ago

Here's a listicle blurb that makes me even more disappointed that I haven't tried the lamb neck yet:

http://www.eater.com/2016/6/17/11955436 ... in-america
Smoked lamb neck, Little Miss BBQ

The newest restaurant on this list opened in February 2014 in Phoenix (if world-class pizza can thrive in the Sonoran desert, so can stellar barbecue). Scott Holmes and his wife Bekke (a Texas native) looked to Franklin Barbecue and other Austin-area luminaries for inspiration. But the marvel that left a lasting impression on Vaughn was a weekend special of smoked lamb neck, a cut that is slowly popping up in restaurants across America. The thought of "neck" may be daunting, but slow cooking tames the meat into soft, pot-roasty strands. "The juicy shreds of lamb reminded me that pork shouldn’t have a monopoly on the pulled meat section of a barbecue menu," says Vaughn.
AZScott

3 years ago

As a quick FYI, the lamb necks will be back every Wednesday starting next week.
M_L

3 years ago

AZScott wrote:As a quick FYI, the lamb necks will be back every Wednesday starting next week.
Best News I have heard all week.
BillBuitenhuys

3 years ago

Haven't given any LMB love in a while but man, we went for lunch today and it was as good as ever. For me it was a fatty brisket plus pork rib plate with grits and slaw, Mexican Fanta. Top top quality on the meats, as always. Others at my table noted that the beans are much more meaty than previously...they loved them. We got to sample the pork/jalapeno sausage while standing in line and it was the best sausage I've tasted from there so far. I'm going for a nap now.
LaPan

4 months ago

Anybody have any experience with Little Miss uptown?

They open for dinner at 4pm. Is there a line? Do they sell out dinner time also? It it (nearly) as good as University? I was thinking of going tomorrow night. Any help would be appreciated.
artvandelay

4 months ago

I have heard others say the quality at the original is better but I couldn't tell the difference. The few times I've gone I have never waited more than 30 minutes. They do sell out of things but I think they do a pretty good job of having enough brisket. They were out of turkey one of the times I went.
LaPan

3 months ago

Actually, I ended up there Saturday night. About 5pm. Only about 20 minutes worth of a line. And everything was as good if not better (the Beef Rib was out-of-this-world good) than University.

It seems they've gotten the new crew up to classic Little Miss speed.