Pumpkin Ale

Discussion of drinks, alcoholic and otherwise
Wine Guy

6 years ago

Avery is coming back to Arizona, to be distributed by Crescent Crown. I think they will have inventories sometime in November, probably not in time for their Rumpkin. Avery was always my favourite brewery when I lived in Colorado...
olllllo

6 years ago

Wine Guy wrote:Avery is coming back to Arizona, to be distributed by Crescent Crown. I think they will have inventories sometime in November, probably not in time for their Rumpkin. Avery was always my favourite brewery when I lived in Colorado...
Avery Kickoff is Nov 15 at Papago.
¡Salud!

Rob
BeerPHXation A local Phoenix Metro beer culture celebration and admonition
@olllllo
Dapuma

6 years ago

Well I have tried Pumpkin by Southern Tier - Schalafly Pumpkin Ale - and O Fallon

I do think Schlafly is clearly the winner with a more complex pumpkin flavor

Only need to try Cigar City Good Gourd to declare the supreme champion - I find it tough to say anything else will be as good as Schlafly
Mike Z

5 years ago

Sadly, Four Peaks Pumpkin Porter is weak again this year. Not bad for a porter, but WHERE'S THE SPICE?!? Having loved their Pumpkin Porter in 2006/2007, it has continued to be a disappointment year after year lately. imo, don't buy a pint, just get a free sample, write off another years batch, and hope for next year
The Cosmic Jester

5 years ago

I recently learned something about the Four Peaks Pumpkin Porter...

It's the exact same recipe every single year since they started making it. No kidding.