For Wine Lovers

Discussion of drinks, alcoholic and otherwise
LaPan

4 years ago

I'm helping a close friend of mine turn his love of wine hobby into a business. If you love fine wine, perhaps check out our latest newsletter. If there's enough orders from AZ we can probably do away with shipping (I'll make the trip myself).

Here's the LINK http://eepurl.com/-LB-D

Also, I'd love feedback on his selection and pricing (as I'm not yet a wine guy) so I can help him more effectively.

Cheers
Brian

also, here's a link to his inventory sale only https://gallery.mailchimp.com/31e064656 ... e_2014.pdf
BillBuitenhuys

4 years ago

Pricing for the 2 offered in the first link isn't all that good.

The Chard is $49/bottle at case prices. Other places online have it for $46 for single bottle buys (with typically a 10-15% discount for case prices...or $39-41/bottle)

The Brunello is priced at $49/bottle for a 6 pack. Other places online have it for $43 for a single bottle. (Gary's in NJ has this for $47 and 20% mixed case discount on non-sale wines)

I do 95% of my wine buying online and it's getting pretty competitive out there in pricing as more states are allowing retail shop to consumer shipping.
LaPan

4 years ago

His prices are including tax. And sometimes shipping. Also most online shops don't actually have a lot of these in stock. There's a lot of bait and search in this biz I'm learning. But, thanks for the input.
LaPan

4 years ago

Also, Bill, take a look at the attachment if you have time. Because the first two were thrown on the front page may not best represent the values.
BillBuitenhuys

4 years ago

LaPan wrote:His prices are including tax. And sometimes shipping. Also most online shops don't actually have a lot of these in stock. There's a lot of bait and search in this biz I'm learning. But, thanks for the input.
All places I buy from have prices that include tax. His website only talks about free ship in CA for orders > $500. Typical shipping is $40/case. Some places, like HiTimeWine, will, on occasion, offer $10/case shipping but their nominal is pretty good too ($25/case to AZ).

I did go through his inventory and there are some decent wines, for sure, and definitely some that are harder to find. Those would definitely bring a premium. Not many 2000 Bdx around these days!

I did a few other spot checks and he beats the market by a bunch on some items (like 05 Cristal, his 6-pack per bottle price is about $60 cheaper than I can buy a single bottle...which is awesome if I could afford 6 bottles. :D)

Overall it seems like a nicely balanced offering.
Dapuma

4 years ago

Hi time wines will 2 day ship to az for $10 bucks per 12 bottles and there is no tax since you are shipping out of state

If they have what you want, their prices cant be beat IMO

I order from them often, and can't say enough good things about them