Soccer

There's more to life than food. Sometimes.
M_L

6 years ago

Dapuma wrote:What do you think about Ballotelli leaving?
He is a complete headcase and bound to implode at some point. Not that he showed it today. A shame since he has more talent than even an elite athlete could dream of. He is a great pickup for Milan and a wise choice for them, but I prefer Roma to Milan anyways.
Dapuma

6 years ago

4 peaks wont put the sound on the game or it would be a contender for sure, they have good food for a bar

Reina cracked me up coming out for that ball, I was hoping for a 2 2 draw to mess up everyone elses fantasy team's since I dont have any MC or Liv players...and for Suarez not to score...worked like a dream!

Just need a win v Everton and then Rafael to shackle CR7 and I will be very happy

If anyone wants to watch the game Real Utd game next Wednesday, we can try a meet up

Roma has Bradley, heard he is doing well but dont watch much Seria A, Ballotelli made a great into with the winner, he is a beast on spot kicks
cactuschowdah wrote:I will politely ignore all the Scouser-baiting going on in this thread (mostly because I have no crap to talk after another uninspired performance at City this weekend), but I am remiss if I don't mention the Scottsdale Four Peaks hits many of these criteria as well (if you like Four Peaks beer, that is- they usually have some good guest tap stuff as well, but no more than 2 or 3).

I really like their food (carne adobada is full of smoky goodness, and they have some of the best spinach and artichoke dip going), and they have tons of TVs- not sure about the sound, I think on a big "game day" you get the main game broadcast, but I usually don't notice since that's not a must do for me. If it's close to you, I would definitely add it into the rotation.
cactuschowdah

6 years ago

Real-Untd? Ugh. I would be rooting for a meteor to hit the stadium :-)

We should definitely start up a football sub-division of food nerds of some sort- I would be down to try to watch some Roma games as well to check out Bradley and Balotelli, two of my favorite players- I don't really follow Serie A either...
M_L

6 years ago

Dapuma wrote:Roma has Bradley, heard he is doing well but dont watch much Seria A
I think they hit a bit of a rough patch but he is the reason I would be interested in watching Bradley is quickly becoming an elite mid-fielder.

I would also say Stoke is moving up in a big way lately their pickup of rising MLS stars at bargain prices could end up really making waves if it pans out. (Cameron/Shea)
cactuschowdah

6 years ago

Now that this has turned into a soccer thread, USA plays Honduras in the Hex today at 2. I can't make it out of work, but we should try a get-together for the next game. It's on beIN sports if you have that channel.
Dapuma

6 years ago

I have Bein, the honduras game made me angry the horrible defense for that 2nd goal
pdxscoob

6 years ago

That defensive lapse frustrated me as well. I did enjoy watching the Mexican fans turn on their own players and Jamaica getting out of the Azteca with a point.
M_L

6 years ago

I had to turn off the gamecast I was constantly refreshing when I saw that second goal through as I was so pissed the blew their lead. Wish I could have watched the game, but glad I was not watching for the second half.
cactuschowdah

6 years ago

You didn't miss anything- it looked like our guys were playing in quicksand.
M_L

6 years ago

I heard Chandler (who I do not like and I do not understand why they keep putting him on the field) looked like he was dying of heat stroke the whole night.
LaPan

5 years ago

There's a soccer discussion?
M_L

5 years ago

At times.
LaPan

5 years ago

Cool.
BarbaraToombs

5 years ago

The 3 comments above just totally cracked me up.
LaPan

5 years ago

Well, at least Dapuma's midweek issues have been solved this year ;-)
MyLifeOnVacatio

5 years ago

If conversation turns to La Liga, I'm in!
LadyLand

4 years ago

I love soccer! I am a big fan of the national soccer team of San Marino
TypicalLady

4 years ago

San Marino? Really? It's the worst team :D But... I agree, it's funny!
MissMontana

4 years ago

The worst, the best... What matters is the heart not the results :D
M_L

4 years ago

What matters is how entertaining watching Chelsea be terrible can be.