Cable and Internet?

There's more to life than food. Sometimes.
uhockey

7 years ago

Here is a "Random" one -

Looking for recommendations on Cable and Internet - both price and quality of service. I don't need/want 200,000 channels, just the basics + sports channels in HD, but I do value a high quality ISP.

Cheers!
M_L

7 years ago

Short answer, they are all terrible.
There is not a FIOS provider here.
Cox is fairly decent but not the cheapest and it is Cable TV/Internet.
If you do not mind having a satellite then you can go with CenturyLink (DSL), which would be Direct or Dish I cannot remember who their deal is with.

Those are pretty much your options.
PHXeater

7 years ago

I have DirecTV for cable and Cox for internet. I've had terrible CenturyLink (formerly Quest) experiences. Got both within the last month and locked in a great rate on both.
Lunchbox

7 years ago

PHXeater wrote:I have DirecTV for cable and Cox for internet. I've had terrible CenturyLink (formerly Quest) experiences. Got both within the last month and locked in a great rate on both.
+1 for this combo... This is how I roll...

Phoenix is great for DirecTV (i.e. the weather is good most of the time so it doesn't mess up your picture.) I also think DirecTV has the best technology in terms of DVR, iphone/android apps, etc. Cox has best speeds for Internet. Qwest DSL can be good but you have to be close enough to the Central office.
-- LBX

Instagram: @zachary.garcia

Twitter: @zach_garcia
Dapuma

7 years ago

+1 for DirecTV and Cox Cable Modem
azhotdish

7 years ago

Dapuma wrote:+1 for DirecTV and Cox Cable Modem
+2 for this.

If we all send you our account numbers, we'll each get $10 off our bill for the next ten months. Apparently you can add as many accounts as you want, so in theory, you could get DirecTV free for ten months.
---
Joel
@azhotdish
BillBuitenhuys

7 years ago

+3 let's go for the full discount! 8-)