Ursula loves to eat....

It's a community board, after all!
ursula

6 years ago

Hi All. No food expert. Just an expert at eating good food. I saw your post on Atlas Bistro and decided I wanted to join your group as I would love to experience places like that with like minded people from time to time.

Live in Phoenix and my favorite food is POPCORN. I also kill for potato chips. My favorite resto in PHX right now is Pig and Pickle.

Funny, but true story, I recently stopped in a Mexican Seafood resto in PHX called Mariscos Sinaloa. After ordering a dish and sipping on their Michalada, a waitress walked by my table and spilled an entire tray of water and beer on me! After concluding that my cell phone didn't get wet, I politely said, "I guess I'll just have that order to go"! Hahah, the waitresses were mortified. I just sat in the other chair and sipped on my michalada. After assuring them I was fine, they comped my meal, of course and I promised I would return. I did the next week. ;-) getting a tray of water dumped on me wont stop me from seeking out an amazing meal....

Nice to meet u and look fwd to conversations over dinner or lunch soon.

Til we eat again,
URSULA
Til we eat again,
URSULA
Skillet Doux

6 years ago

Welcome aboard, Ursula... I just went up to check out Sinaloa a couple of months ago!

Sinaloa - North Phoenix Mariscos

I'd love to hear what else is and isn't good up there. Seemed like a nice little spot from my visit.

Good to have you here, and come on out to grub with the crowd whenever you get a chance :-)
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com
exit2lef

6 years ago

ursula wrote:
Live in Phoenix and my favorite food is POPCORN. I also kill for potato chips. My favorite resto in PHX right now is Pig and Pickle.

URSULA
I always like it when someone declares a popular food eaten by all ages to be his or her favorite. For me, it's peanut butter. Have you visited Poppa Maize in Downtown Tempe? It's an interesting concept, although I think that popcorn, like hummus, usually tastes best in its classic preparation without added flavors.

http://www.poppamaize.com/
Skillet Doux

6 years ago

And here I was just about to say my favorite popcorn topping is honey curry butter :-)

(You heat it slowly, whisk it hard, and it takes on a light caramel consistency!)
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com
BarbaraToombs

6 years ago

Skillet Doux wrote:And here I was just about to say my favorite popcorn topping is honey curry butter :-)

(You heat it slowly, whisk it hard, and it takes on a light caramel consistency!)
Oh MY...that sounds awesome! Have never experimented with popcorn toppings. This sounds well worth exploring!

Welcome to the board, ursula!!! Hope to meet you soon! :)
exit2lef

6 years ago

Skillet Doux wrote:And here I was just about to say my favorite popcorn topping is honey curry butter :-)

That actually sounds pretty good. I've sometimes experimented with lemon pepper and roasted garlic with olive oil.
ursula

6 years ago

Don't know how to include quotes yet.....

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, I've eaten popcorn all my life and will continue. Make it in a kettle at home with various oils and my fav topping is paprika and cayenne peppered butter. But I like bacon topped popcorn too and yeah, I drizzle some of the bacon oil on it too. Hehe... The reason working out is a necessity for me.

Look forward to meeting food nerds soon.

Thank you!
Til we eat again,
URSULA
Desert Gal

6 years ago

Welcome Ursula! As for popcorn, most of you would probably file this under "Gross", but in my hippy-dippy 70's Sedona days (yes, it's true), we made fresh popcorn with diced raw bell peppers, garlic powder and soy sauce. I still crave it now and then, lol.
katfishkh

6 years ago

Welcome...we have been expecting you. :D
Do not resist temptation, you may not get another chance.