Nerdism

How the board is run, and how to make it better
Skillet Doux

6 years ago

Just saw this quote, attributed to John Green, and I immediately thought of the misgivings some folks have shared regarding the name of the site. This one puts it nicely, I think :-)
John Green wrote:Nerds like us are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff. Nerds are allowed to love stuff -- like, jump-up-and-down-in-your-chair-can't-control-yourself love it. When people call people nerds, what they're saying is 'You like stuff,' which is not a good insult at all. Like, 'You are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness.'
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com
BarbaraToombs

6 years ago

Hahaha...awesome!
golbsalt

6 years ago

i hereby fully repent in sackcloth & ashes and promise to nevermore and forever after EVER suggest that being food NERD is a bad thing! :D
blog.golbsalt.com - "happiness IS just a lick away!"
@_go_lb_salt_ or @fhmarket
meleyna

6 years ago

Ha! I especially appreciate this, as the biggest thing that has always prevented me from attending the get-togethers is my geeky, socially awkward, nerdiness. I think Lara is eventually the one who talked some sense into me--said something to the effect of "Seriously? We are ALL nerds."
Skillet Doux

6 years ago

meleyna wrote:Ha! I especially appreciate this, as the biggest thing that has always prevented me from attending the get-togethers is my geeky, socially awkward, nerdiness.
Oh my god, Meleyna, you are among your people. Let your nerd flag fly :-)
Dominic Armato
Dining Critic
Arizona Republic | azcentral.com